Can I please get some brutal honest opinions of my voice

quin26071

• Members

Hi!

You have a nice voice :) Just by hearing the recording, it sounds like you have a high larynx. You can feel for this by putting your hand on your Adam's apple; notice any differences between the larynx position when you are speaking vs singing. Also, your vowels sound wide, which can drive the larynx up, and effect the overall tone. Both of these can be corrected with simple exercises, though. If you do not have a voice teacher, Youtube has a wealth of knowledge on these subjects. Just keep working at it!

• Moderators

Hi Quin,

You sound very good especially for a new singer. I would consider you to be a very natural singer. This style of song also suits your voice pretty well. If you want some feedback to help you improve, I would say try working on making your vowels a little bit more clear. And maybe watch your pitch a bit more on the lower notes. At times it felt like you were holding back a bit, to enhance the performance I would experiment with adding more intensity on some phrases. Anyway good job. Keep it up!

• Members

hrllo!! winrey i listened to the entire voice clip sounded good for someone just starting to work on their vocals certainly good eneough to keep working on i heard asome things I liked get a couple of used books on singing from amazon about$6 to get some knowledegible ideas on things to ptactice on ie vowels, oohs aahas ect also look at amazon dgital music downladss on vocal workout to get even more knowlegable and focused things to work on start unamplified keep at it then get some karaoke songs you like to practice with both male and female vocal intensive songs then get a cheap powered speaker to start out with amplified gear get a dynamic mic and a mic cable thehen work your way up to better gear as you improve then get a condenser handheld stage mic these use phantom power cming thru the mic cable to provideabout 48volts yo power the mic so you do not have to screaminto the mic most reverb units and usb recording interfaces provide phantom power learn about pro audio mixers power amps pa speakers its something you have to knowlearn to use a mixer as soon as possible along with effective use of every single control on a mixer effects reverb ect just like a guitarplayer needs a guitar an drummer needs a drum kit a singer needs a PA and MIC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just my thoughts on your voice:

Way too much vibrato. Maybe use it to accent only certain lines. And maybe relax a little immediately after you sing a line, by not using vibrato until your note has been sustained a bit longer.

Your voice is SLIGHTLY too nasal. Try singing more out of your mouth.

Also, I can't hear what you're singing over, but it sounds like you go out of key a few times. Fix this by training your ear to hear the notes you're singing in real time so you can adjust them if you're flat or sharp.

Overall, you have good tone, and you generally stayed on key.

Hope this helps.

Archived