Judas Priest cover

Simpan26

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

That is a very hard style but one of my favorites. You get loose here and there but its working fairly well for you. The biggest issue is the mix that puts you so front and center you can't help but notice every little flaw. Ir rerecord with maybe a bit less vocal processing and set back in the mix more.

This certainly has its flaws when you hear it all but it was a pretty big hit.

• Members

good luck at your show. i would try and work on creating more of a "bridge" between your chest voice and that high pitched shrieking you are doing. the high pitched shrieking is very over whelming to listen to. i can sense and hear a massive amount of tension on those high pitch parts...it's better to pull back on the high parts, and take the pedal off a bit, the power for the high parts still comes from deep down in the diaphragm, even though the notes are softer and higher

when you are singing high parts, it sound slike you are completely "closing off" your entire diaphragm and this is not a good recipe for doing the high pitch

it sounds counter inuitive, but to get good timbre and relaxation on high notes, you need reallly push from deep down low in the diaphragm, as opposed to "pinching" at the top

for really high pitch i say

push from down low

as opposed to

pinch from up high

i would do this before, where i felt like to hit high notes, i had to "pinch" up top, and thats completely backwards, but it makes sense logically, just not functionally

the "pinching" will still happen to get high notes, but it shouldnt be a pinch, it shoul dbe more of just a relaxed "closure", and the force should be coming from deep down with your breath

Archived