My 3rd try on Can't help Falling in Love...

lou david

• Members

Hi Lou! I took a listen. In my opinion it needs a bit of work still my friend, at many points, it sounded a bit strange, the way you were pronouncing the words got in the way a bit. Let me ask you this, are you trying to mimic Elvis, on these spots it sounded to me like you darkened it too much. If so, I would give it a try just relaxing and letting your normal voice do the job.

Regards!

Felipe

• Members

Thanks Felipe,

I think my main problem is I am not an English speaking person originally and the more natural I try to sound the more of my native twang gets on the way but no problem this is all just for me. Won't be earning any money on this soon but thanks for the advise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

You removed the video from the link, but I found another link! (Don't know if it is an earlier attempt).

Nothing intrusive about a slight accent, whatsoever. You can hear an accent in the UB40 cover. Not a problem. It adds to the vocals and makes them more memorable.

And your timbre sounds NATURAL, and has a natural depth to it.

I liked your rendition on the whole, but, imo, you fell away too heavily at the end of some of the words (rush, can't, love, life).

In the UB40 cover, for example, the falling away is a much more subtle inflection or release at the extreme end of the word. So, the vocals have a build and release dynamic running through the song. In contrast, your inflection starts in the middle of the word, and is much heavier and more deliberate sounding, and you have used it on more words.To my ears the effect is too dominant and downbeat.

Archived