Please help me id. this sax (Conn)

• Members

I have no background on this kind of stuff so any help is welcome.

This is actualy a friend's, he got it from his grandpa and he wants to sell it and we have no idea what its worth.

All we know is that its a Conn and it has a (serial?) number, looks kind of old too but its in good shape.

PICC957tmp.jpg

PICA3EBtmp.jpg

• Members

Looks like a Director. It should have both a serial number and a model number. This image lists the Director as 14M. The star engraving looks the same.

http://cderksen.home.xs4all.nl/Conn14Mdraw1956image.html

If you can find the model number on it, you can follow auctions on Ebay and get an idea what it's worth. Old professional Conn saxophones are still regarded as some of the best ever made and sell for thousands, while the student line models sell for a couple hundred.

• Members

Looks like a Director. It should have both a serial number and a model number. This image lists the Director as 14M. The star engraving looks the same.

If you can find the model number on it, you can follow auctions on Ebay and get an idea what it's worth. Old professional Conn saxophones are still regarded as some of the best ever made and sell for thousands, while the student line models sell for a couple hundred.

Many thanks, about the model and serial number... All I see is H5126x on the back, cant tell if its the serial number or the actual model.

• 1 month later...

Archived