Very old Harmonica find - moulin Rouge from Fischer 1895 questions and cleaning

• Members

I'm a guitar player but I can pick up some other instruments and play by ear if I don't have to adjust too much. Now I have had rinky dink Harmonicas in the past and I never really took on to it.

So today I was moving some guy out of his place, cuzz he is old etc... So he gave me a harmonica... its huge. When I got home after cleaning it I blew into it. The sound was huge and glorious...... I was blown away. Like an organ but really melodic. I immediately played a song that sounded pretty koolio like I knew what I was doing. Tasted like bad ass.

So then I do a search and nothing. I do more search and I found one document. I tracked it down to Jos Fischer in a huge 'Harp Anthology

Harmonica Photos from Various Collections' and the number code led me to a description of: Tremolo, - DRWZ 6082 was issued to Fischer in 1895.

My original thread from my forum I thought I'd share here to get answers here maybe.

I uploaded a picture here, sorry about the 3 megs

www.echoshine.com/images/harp/seanmoulin.JPG

Being its 1895, does anybody know how to clean this thing properly as it taking it apart? or is this a bad idea? Taste horrible (mothballs etc). Any advice appreciated.

S

Archived