Anyone have any idea what this is worth?

• Members

My step-grandmother's dad recently passed away and I was given his old trombone to sell. Being a guitar/bass/drummer... I know nothing at all about band equipment.

The trombone is a Yamaha YBL-421G, it has the hard carrying case, two Yamaha mouth pieces and a Bach mouth piece as well. It looks to be in great condition and looking it up online, these seem to sell for ~$2500 new. I've found a few sites that have some that were for sale, but they're a few years old, so I'm sure the market value has changed.

Any idea what it's worth? :thu:

• Members

It is considered an intermediate model bass trombone so I would put the price at around $800-1000 depending on what the market in your area would bear. Depending on where you are take it to the local university and have the trombone prof. give you an estimate on its value in your area. You might even be able to find a buyer on the local campus. It would make a good horn for a doubler.

• Members

It is considered an intermediate model bass trombone so I would put the price at around $800-1000 depending on what the market in your area would bear. Depending on where you are take it to the local university and have the trombone prof. give you an estimate on its value in your area. You might even be able to find a buyer on the local campus. It would make a good horn for a doubler.

Thanks for the advice, would've never thought about that!

Archived