And the lineup is...

• Members

I haven't done this yet for this year, so here's the lineup for the brass players at my college.

Trumpet:

Kanstul 1600

Bach 43 LR

Bach 37

Bach 37 LR

Bach 37 (lacquer, early Elkhart)

Yamaha 6335

Trombone:

Yamaha w/F trigger x2

Maas w/F trigger

Tuba:

Yamaha Piston Valve

Yamaha Rotary Valve

French Horns:

3 Yamaha doubles-silver, lacquer, and screwbell lacquer.

• Members

After you put the order in, of course!:thu:

The 37LR player bought his and stopped playing a school owned Yammie. The early Elkhart player is a freshman who came up here with a Bundy, and tried a Getzen Capri but didn't like it, and got the Bach on Ebay.

I don't think I've said anything yet, but I also have a Calicchio 1s/7 that I use for some playing. The 37LR player might try getting one for himself as well at some point. The 43 player wants a new horn, but he's stupid so he can buy whatever he wants.

• Members

Isn't your 1600 too dark for the top of a section of Bachs with the Yamaha on the bottom? Find yourself a cheap but decent 37 on eBay. This time of year, and with the economy factored in, people are likely to get rid of good horns they don't play anymore at good prices. After college, you can sell it for the same price you paid.

Which reminds me...I tried a nice old 65 Vindabona many years ago. I should have bought that horn. IIRC, Wynton recorded all his pre-Monette stuff that horn.

• Members

It actually is a bit of effort to put the sound out front with the 1600. The flipside is that it really blends nicely with the other brass. If I absolutely MUST be heard, thats what the Calicchio is for! Even in jazz band with everyone playing shallower mouthpieces it out-sizzles the others. This is my last year up here, and I think I'm done buying trumpets until I have some actual income. I really don't see myself getting any orchestra gigs after college, so hopefully what I have will satisfy me for a while.

Maybe I should sell the Calicchio to get a Bach?:D

Archived