Hi Y'all,

Here are a couple of clips of me playing WX5/VL70m-TURBO

Guitar:

Fuzz Guitar

Clean Guitar

Saxophone:

Mellow Sax

Mellow Sax

Complete details, including patch names, song titles, mp3 bit rates, dates recorded and the semi-lame recording device are available here:

http://www.nortonmusic.com/clips.html

About the mellow sax emulations. My tenor is set up to play big and bold (Texas Tenor sound) and often we are required to play dinner music sets before the dancing starts. I find the WX/VL works fine for this situation. Sure neither the guitar nor the sax emulate their respective instruments 100%, but I find them useful. Just as a pianist might reach for a Rhodes, Wurli or synth piano when he/she wants that sound, I reach for the synth sax or guitar when I want those sounds and play the acoustic sax or electric guitar when I want those sounds.

Comments please.

Notes

• Members

Nice sounds! I have the turbo sounds on my Roland XV-5050 and I really enjoy them. I agree they are not 100%, but I find with some care you can make the sound acceptable for just about any situation - which I think you've done here.

People always seem to be fascinated with my Akai EWI4000s - particularly when non-horn sounds come out. Do you find the same thing your WX5?

I have only played with the various wind instruments so far but I am impressed with what you are able to do on the guitar sounds - I'll have to look into them more closely.

I have also been interested in the VL70m + TURBO but so far I haven't been able to justify the cost.

• Members

I have also been interested in the VL70m + TURBO but so far I haven't been able to justify the cost.

In the guitar forums, it's known as G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). I have major GAS for a Roland SV, Nanosynth, Kurzweil, and some guitars, Gibson SG, Fender Jaguar, also a Synthophone, and for sax, a Super20 Silversonic tenor (way out of the question on a musician's income).

Pictures of my "pimped" WX5s:

Red%20and%20Gold.jpeg

Notes

• Members

Hey Bob!

Last time I saw you live was at the Atlanta Bread here in Stuart.

Sounds great. Gotta move up to the Turbo chip sometime myself. (Love that red skin, too... wish that was available on the stock WX-5!)

I'll add a couple of seasonal songs with the WX-5 and standard vl70-m soundset:

Oh Come All Ye

WinterWonderland

Angel's Medley

• Members

(Love that red skin, too... wish that was available on the stock WX-5!)

There is a nice electric blue available too, I wish I did that one instead of the gold. BTW, the skins are inexpensive, and they aren't hard to apply.

Well, I need to cut this short, December is private party month, and we have another today with an early setup.

Notes

Archived