• Members

Hey all, came across a deal from a friend who is leaving the area. He sold me his Besson Sovereign 967 Euphonium in silver with both the original hardcase and a beautiful Walter Cronkite black leather gig bag:thu:. He bought it from a tuba/euphonium prof who only upgraded from this horn because he became a Besson performing artist and there for moved into a Prestige. I talked to him the last time I was in Arizona about the horn and he was bummed he'd sold it and wanted it back so I feel that I scored a fantastic deal on a spectacular horn:love:.

Next move, pimp my horns! I'm going to send in the valve caps and tuning slides on both the new euph and my Eb tuba and have them gold plated.

Anybody else got any new horns or toys lately?

• Members

Not for a while. I'll be adding a tuning slide this summer and maybe another Bb if I find a good deal on one I want (Schilke, Calicchio, Connstellation, K-mod, yada yada).

Sounds like a great horn you got. Besson's stuff is fantastic.

Interesting coincidence. While you were posting that, I was posting this :idea:

• Members

I was going to travel this weekend with the family to New Jersey and there would have time for a trip to Dillon's. Good thing I'm not going. I might have left with this:

241278.jpg

It's not like I actually need a cornet.

Interesting coincidence. While you were posting that, I was posting
this
:idea:

I may know a buyer for that. He prefers old Conns, has several, and plays them regularly for jazz gigs (he has to play a Bach for orchestral work). Hang loose, I'll see him tomorrow and refer him to you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Anybody else got any new horns or toys lately?

Well, my sax is still pretty new(if you can call 10 months old new)

It's an awesome black cannonball. The lower switches are double bound to go out of tune less quickly.:)

Archived