X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top songs of 1967

Lots of lipsynching.
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
    When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Music done right. At least I liked.

Lulu looks better now than she did when she was young.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

On New Year's Eve, 2017, we did a "50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love" set. All songs from 1967. Here's our set list:

Setlist 1 NYE Summit Grange

Creeque Alley
      Sunshine Of Your Love
      White Rabbit / >>Somebody To Love
      Happy Together
      Incense and Peppermints
      Mercy Mercy Mercy
      I’m A Believer
      Time Of The Season
      Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay
      Not Your Steppin Stone
      Whiter Shade Of Pale
      Lucy In The Sky
      Beat It On Down The Line
      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
        Music done right. At least I liked.

Lulu looks better now than she did when she was young.
        Another lady who has become more beautiful as she matured is Emmylou Harris.
        "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

^ I love Emmy Lou Hairyass.

Comment

This brings back memories for sure. Interesting mix of songs, lots of soul, rock ballads and pop. Nothing really "heavy". No Hendrix, Cream, Who, Zeppelin or anything close.

I loved "To Sir With Love" and "Ballad of Bobby Joe" back in the day, still do. This was about the time I started getting into music. Cool video!
            Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

They sounded amazing considering no one was plugged in to their amps.

Comment

Coincidentally, I had posted three of those songs (Ruby Tuesday, Wendy and Kind of a Drag, along with Carrie Anne) on another forum, that morning, as I recounted the story of an old friend.

Actually, I was (for no particular reason) thinking of someone I used to know. She reminded me of the song, Ruby Tuesday.

When we met, she was just passing through. She was always just passing through and I was seeing someone else. Lynn was built like the proverbial masonry out-building, with big dark eyes and long brown hair. We spent a week together that night and became fast friends.

Over the next ten years, she would call me up whenever she was bound for Arizona. She'd ask, “Are you seeing anyone?”

Like I said, she was always just passing through.

She never did anything or stayed in one place long enough for her boots to get cold. For a while, she was ferrying older, rust free cars from the southwest to the midwest for a guy who would turn them for a profit. She spent a while shuttling U-Haul trucks around the country. She did some smuggling. The last time she came to see me, she was living and working on a ranch near Flathead Lake, in Montana. As I took her back to the airport, I told her, “You never hang around long enough for us to get to know each other”. That was the last I ever heard from her.

My life has always been filled with drifters. I guess that’s the price one pays for being so damned sexy.
                "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

I was like 13-14, so this was the music that stayed with me.

Comment

Originally posted by williegoat View Post
                    Another lady who has become more beautiful as she matured is Emmylou Harris.
                    I saw her a Emmylou a few years ago and she's a doll. I guess a few years was actually 5 years ago. Time flies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	32534082

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Working...
                    X