Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Skynyrd Southern Rock Rig

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Skynyrd Southern Rock Rig

    'Sweet Home Alabama 'all day with this! I have a confederate Flag Explorer guitar that just completes this. Amp is a 80's Peavy Classic VTX ( tube hybrid)_ w/ the esteemed 'Scorpion' peakers.
    it is paired with a Made in England Ipswitch Park Marshall 90's cabinet, empty in pic, but now loaded with Eminence patriot speakers ( 'Tonker', 'Screaming Eagle', and two 'Legends').
    Boo Yah! ( Peavy amp without the Marshall amp cabinet screams 'Grand Ol Opry' for tradtional country with my Telecaster as a huge bonus) ;

    Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 06-10-2019, 09:21 PM.
    ________________________________________________
    DONALD TRUMP-PRESIDENT OF THE NEW KNIGHTED SNAKES OF AMERICA.

  • #2


    I haz a Peavey Mace 2x12 combo, heavy and LOUD
    bought on Longiland
    prolly needs caps now

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by nice keetee View Post


      I haz a Peavey Mace 2x12 combo, heavy and LOUD
      bought on Longiland
      prolly needs caps now
      Oh, thats very cool. The Mace is such an awesome vintage creation..never be anotherlike it at anywhere near the pricepopint. T3ese old Peaveys once were everywhere for dirt cheap..and thats how I got mine, but the supply is drying up, due to probably attrition, but also people snapping them up and hanging onto them now.
      I actually couldnt get the quintessential Skynyrd tone with this probably cause that te recorded tone was Marshall JCM800 according to many...but Skynyrd live did according to most, play with Peveys live, but the devate is whehter Hartley modified them to beMarshalls for Skynyrd, but I digress) teh amp is a brick Squathouse. Mine has been in a non climate controlled room for going on 15 years, and I have little doubt it woukd fire up now w/o a hiccup.
      What tye great great things about these hybrid amps, that not many people either realize or value, is that this amp has a "pre amp in' jack, meaning this popwer tube section can be paired with any number of pre amps fpr incredible tone options..hell, I shouol buy one or two more if I can finf them cheap like.
      Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 06-10-2019, 10:02 PM.
      ________________________________________________
      DONALD TRUMP-PRESIDENT OF THE NEW KNIGHTED SNAKES OF AMERICA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post


        I actually couldnt get the quintessential Skynyrd tone with this probably cause that te recorded tone was Marshall JCM800 according to many...but Skynyrd live did according to most, play with Peveys live, but the devate is whehter Hartley modified them to beMarshalls for Skynyrd, but I digress) teh amp is a brick Squathouse. Mine has been in a non climate controlled room for going on 15 years, and I have little doubt it woukd fire up now w/o a hiccup.
        Anytime I've heard them it sounded like Peavey to my ears. I went from an old 1966 Plexi to a Peavey Classic head with my 4x12 Celestions so I know that Peavey sound any time I hear it.

        Comment


        • #5
          so there is some value to these behemoths

          Comment


          • #6
            I rock a Peavey Bandit 112.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post

              Anytime I've heard them it sounded like Peavey to my ears. I went from an old 1966 Plexi to a Peavey Classic head with my 4x12 Celestions so I know that Peavey sound any time I hear it.
              Cool post. Some swear, and I think i have heard one of the original Skynyrd guys attest, they were mainly bone stock Peaveys live... recording is Marshall I would surmise.
              One would think the Peavey amps had to be custom made amps for Skynyrd modified by Peavey and not totally stock on the live shows though.
              Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 06-10-2019, 11:23 PM.
              ________________________________________________
              DONALD TRUMP-PRESIDENT OF THE NEW KNIGHTED SNAKES OF AMERICA.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Garbage Engineer View Post
                I rock a Peavey Bandit 112.
                The 'Bandit' is such a cool classic amp. I think it is a mainstay for country music.For rock, it's not going to take top tone honors, but the thing can and will rock . One thing that is very cool about my Peavey is the built in chorus- it is worth the price of admission alone and is one of the best choruses I have ever heard at any price.
                Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 06-10-2019, 11:31 PM.
                ________________________________________________
                DONALD TRUMP-PRESIDENT OF THE NEW KNIGHTED SNAKES OF AMERICA.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post

                  The 'Bandit' is such a cool classic amp. I think it is a mainstay for country music.For rock, it's not going to take top tone honors, but the thing can and will rock . One thing that is very cool about my Peavey is the built in chorus- it is worth the price of admission alone and is one of the best choruses I have ever heard at any price.
                  I believe you might be right
                  I thought you were a cork sniffer?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post

                    The 'Bandit' is such a cool classic amp. I think it is a mainstay for country music.For rock, it's not going to take top tone honors, but the thing can and will rock . One thing that is very cool about my Peavey is the built in chorus- it is worth the price of admission alone and is one of the best choruses I have ever heard at any price.
                    I'm actually using it for my Roland e-kit at the moment!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Try weak V-I tube.
                      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...








                      Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A friend of mine says that he say Skynyrd a couple of times. Frist time was before they started using Peavey gear. He says they sounded fantastic. Later, he saw them again, and they were using Peavey, and he says that the tone was terrible.
                        "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                        -- Bob Parks

                        "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

                        "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                        -- Oscar Wilde

                        "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                        -- Theodore White

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post


                          One would think the Peavey amps had to be custom made amps for Skynyrd modified by Peavey and not totally stock on the live shows though.
                          I actually read that somewhere that they were modified. One aspect seems odd though,even back then Marshall was way more expensive than Peavey so I could see them using Peavey early on and using Marshalls later on when they were making more money, but somehow it was the opposite?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Alndln3 View Post
                            I actually read that somewhere that they were modified. One aspect seems odd though,even back then Marshall was way more expensive than Peavey so I could see them using Peavey early on and using Marshalls later on when they were making more money, but somehow it was the opposite?
                            My understanding is that they signed an endorsement deal with Peavey.
                            "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                            -- Bob Parks

                            "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                            -- Oscar Wilde

                            "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                            -- Oscar Wilde

                            "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                            -- Theodore White

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              freebird
                              It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                              Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                              When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X