No announcement yet.

Not in a very good mood this morning.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not in a very good mood this morning.

Not completely sure why. Partly, I suppose, because I drank a bit too much last night. Which is partly, I suppose, because an acquaintance died Monday. We weren't really all that close. Jammed together fairly often. We knew that he had stage 4 cancer, and likely would die soon, but we had hoped to get him on stage once before he died, and that didn't happen.

Anyway, keep in mind that life is not forever. Do the things that make it worth living, and not just the things that make it possible. Maybe try to make the world a better place, but at least try not to make it a worse place. No one here gets out alive.
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Sorry to hear about your jam acquaintance buddy's passing.

Yeah, no one gets out alive here.

Last year my brother in law passed at like 60 years old. We were not like super good friends, but it affected me a lot.

The peoples in the rehab program I was in said, do something every day you enjoy.

Today I was outside pressure washing things, didn't enjoy it much, but the back yard stuff is done.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Death is inevitable and frankly I'm amazed I've made it this far.
      Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

The bad thing about surviving is watching friends and loved ones die
        It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
        When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
          The bad thing about surviving is watching friends and loved ones die
          That's what my father says.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

Sorry to hear about your musical acquaintance. It's hard to lose folks we've shared good times with. Mojo on its way.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Well, the mood has passed, though Brett is still dead. On we go.
              -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                Well, the mood has passed, though Brett is still dead. On we go.
                into the wild blue yonder?

Comment

It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                  Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                  When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

fukin A the promised land,

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post

into the wild blue jeans

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
                        That's one possible destination.
                        -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
                          Always.
                          -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
                          X