What is your favorite Kix song?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Kix song?

Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

I dunno...Cool Kids ???? .. or is this one of those trick threads where it's like " WRong !!!! Nobody cares about Kix songs !!!" Kix and Firehouse where the only Mid Atlantic bands to break out in the 80's metal era.
    It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

I dunno...Cool Kids ???? .. or is this one of those trick threads where it's like " WRong !!!! Nobody cares about Kix songs !!!" Kix and Firehouse were the only Mid Atlantic bands to break out in the 80's metal era.

Comment

Silly Rabbi, Kix are for Trids!
        "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
          I dunno...Cool Kids ???? .. or is this one of those trick threads where it's like " WRong !!!! Nobody cares about Kix songs !!!" Kix and Firehouse were the only Mid Atlantic bands to break out in the 80's metal era.
          What about Bon Jovi, Skid Row and Trixster?

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by seahorse View Post
            I dunno...Cool Kids ???? .. or is this one of those trick threads where it's like " WRong !!!! Nobody cares about Kix songs !!!" Kix and Firehouse where the only Mid Atlantic bands to break out in the 80's metal era.
            Well, there was also Cinderella and Britny Fox, originally from my area.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

Well, there was also Cinderella and Britny Fox, originally from my area.
              A long time ago I was in an alt-pop band that was doing ok.

I played in NYC at CBGB's and meet an A&R guy from CBS records. Turns out his claim to fame was signing Britney Fox. He also had the 3 Uncle Tupelo records on his desk. I asked him what his plans to do with them were.
              Turns out nothing, and nothing with the band I was in either.

When you sign a band like Britney Fox, that's a career move wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

A long time ago I was in an alt-pop band that was doing ok.

I played in NYC at CBGB's and meet an A&R guy from CBS records. Turns out his claim to fame was signing Britney Fox. He also had the 3 Uncle Tupelo records on his desk. I asked him what his plans to do with them were.
                Turns out nothing, and nothing with the band I was in either.

When you sign a band like Britney Fox, that's a career move wrap.
                That's a cool story.

Dean Davidson from Britny Fox is back here. He's left that era a long time ago and is doing folk rock now. Pretty much a shock for 80s BF fans. He really hated doing BF stuff, but like a lot of us, we did what ever music we could that would get us out there and known. I had to play a lot of stuff I really hated too, but that's just what you did. Dean and others come from a circle of friends around Cinderella, Jeff LeBarr, etc. These were our local crew. We just knew them as other local guys, then they left and got big.

Comment

When I think of Mid Atlantic I usually think of Va, Maryland, Delaware, and the top Eastern half of North Carolina. Kix was from Hagerstown, Maryland.

Comment

Kix is like the only Heavy Metal band that could say, "We all got crabs " and they would actually mean ...crabs. And by crabs I mean...pubic lice.

Comment

I the guy I dug from the Mid Atlantic was Tommy Keene. Tommy passed a few years ago. He wasn't even 60 years old.
                      Might be too power pop for many.

Comment

Wish I had heard this when I was gear hunting.

*mysterious whisper* :

your tone search is over...

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
                        X