Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder who is the worlds greatest Guitar legend that ever lived?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
    It's possible they're legends to somebody though, but completely unknown in the West. There are undoubtedly millions of amazing musicians, songs, entire operas, etc. I've never heard of.
    Although we don't know the guy's name name and have never heard him, the story itself is the very definition of a legend.
    "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by williegoat View Post
      Although we don't know the guy's name name and have never heard him, the story itself is the very definition of a legend.
      Does it count if I'm a legend in my own mind?
      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Member of the Schecter Society
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
        what youse think of Julian Bream?
        If I can step on some toes just for grins, Bream > Segovia. Andres might have brought classical guitar into mainstream popularity but Julian took it from there. Also, Segovia can take credit for composers writing pieces strictly for classical guitar instead of classical guitar players reprising classical piano pieces. That said, his personality didn't rival a dishrag's.
        - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

I think Monte Montgomery still plays bars in Austin, but Terry D would know for sure
          It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
          Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
          When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
            If I can step on some toes just for grins, Bream > Segovia. Andres might have brought classical guitar into mainstream popularity but Julian took it from there. Also, Segovia can take credit for composers writing pieces strictly for classical guitar instead of classical guitar players reprising classical piano pieces. That said, his personality didn't rival a dishrag's.
            If Bream rises higher than Segovia, it is only because he is standing on the shoulders of a giant.
            "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
            -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
            -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
            -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
            -- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
            X