X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil O'Keefe
    replied
    Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post

passive/aggressive commentary allowed by the holy TOS
    Oh come on Dan... everyone has been handing out personal attacks and insults in this thread like it was Halloween candy... he gave no worse than what he was getting from other posters. But you're right that he absolutely should NOT have responded - next time DeepEnd, don't do anyone any "favors" - report and ignore, and leave the personal comments out of the discussion.

And once again, there's been a LOT of personal attacks and insults in this thread - so EVERYONE leave the personal attacks and insults out of the discussion please.

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
    Yeah, there are a couple of different versions. One attaches to a harness or backpack the kid wears, the other attaches to the kid's wrist. It's not like the kid is wearing a dog collar. But then, some folks are always going to have a problem with anything that smacks of control.
    passive/aggressive commentary allowed by the holy TOS

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    "...you owe me"

in yer feckin' dreams

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltan View Post
    how self righteous of you... whooda thunkit? lol!
    piss up a rope, moron.
    I could report both your last two posts as personal attacks but I won't. Instead, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But you owe me. You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    Originally posted by Voltan View Post
    youre so full of feces ill bet your eyes are brown... stfu... again you prove your ignorance. please keep your erroneous guesses to yourself and keep your fuekking nose out of my ****************************ed business, **************** for brains.
    Actually, my eyes are blue, always have been. Sorry to disappoint you. You didn't seem to understand that sometimes small children can be trying. Based on that, I made a guess that you don't have kids. Sorry if I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Voltan
    replied
    how self righteous of you... whooda thunkit? lol!
    piss up a rope, moron.

Leave a comment:

• Voltan
    replied
    Advocating reasonable measures to keep small children under a reasonable degree of control... How parental of me... When DeepEtte was younger, we literally kept her on a leash to keep her under a degree of control and keep her from being hurt. She also has ADHD and took "drugs" for it for most of her childhood. She chose to stop when she became an adult, which was her decision at that point. I'm going to guess you don't have kids. Just a wild hunch.
    youre so full of feces ill bet your eyes are brown... stfu... again you prove your ignorance. please keep your erroneous guesses to yourself and keep your fuekking nose out of my ****************************ed business, **************** for brains.

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    Originally posted by spacecommando View Post
    Last week we went to the Rock and Mineral show at the fairgrounds. I saw several kids on leashes. And I saw several kids that should have been on leashes. And a few adults too. Why would a grown man want to run full speed through a crowd of several thousand? Same reason a little kid wants to I suppose.
    Yeah, there are a couple of different versions. One attaches to a harness or backpack the kid wears, the other attaches to the kid's wrist. It's not like the kid is wearing a dog collar. But then, some folks are always going to have a problem with anything that smacks of control.

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    why not just have wardens stationed everywhere with pellet rifles to "correct" everyone who doesn't behave the way MOST of us think they should

jeebus cripes

Leave a comment:

• spacecommando
    replied
    Last week we went to the Rock and Mineral show at the fairgrounds. I saw several kids on leashes. And I saw several kids that should have been on leashes. And a few adults too. Why would a grown man want to run full speed through a crowd of several thousand? Same reason a little kid wants to I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    I know you want me to act like you don't exist and I wish I could but DeepEtte is a happy, well adjusted mid 20's adult today with no inclination toward violence. I'm a gun owner and she grew up with guns in the house and a healthy respect for firearms and their use. She was raised with appropriate parental controls (i.e, a leash when necessary) and meds when they were needed and prescribed by medical professionals. That said, I don't know what any of that has to do with school shootings. Then again, you probably don't either.
    I know that a leash on a child screams PARENTAL FAIL.

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    Drugs and a leash. This is how we raise our kids.

Then we blame guns for school shootings.

I know you want me to act like you don't exist and I wish I could but DeepEtte is a happy, well adjusted mid 20's adult today with no inclination toward violence. I'm a gun owner and she grew up with guns in the house and a healthy respect for firearms and their use. She was raised with appropriate parental controls (i.e, a leash when necessary) and meds when they were needed and prescribed by medical professionals. That said, I don't know what any of that has to do with school shootings. Then again, you probably don't either.

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    Drugs and a leash. This is how we raise our kids.

Then we blame guns for school shootings.

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    That's just pathetic.

My son acted up some in 4th and 5th grade, The "authorities" wanted to drug him. I threatened them with legal action---they backed off. He graduated valedictorian.

A leash? REALLY?
    Yes, a leash. She was 2 at the time and we were on vacation in Canada. It was for her own protection. Later, she went way beyond "acting up." Her grades were suffering. After several visits to a psychiatrist, she received a prescription for meds. Once we got the right med and the right dosage, she was a new kid. Nothing pathetic about it. If your approach worked for you and your son, congratulations (BTW, your response is enlightening; I see you've had that "Don't tell me what to do!" problem for a while now) but thank God you didn't raise my kid. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Danocoustic
    replied
    Advocating reasonable measures to keep small children under a reasonable degree of control... How parental of me... When DeepEtte was younger, we literally kept her on a leash to keep her under a degree of control and keep her from being hurt. She also has ADHD and took "drugs" for it for most of her childhood. She chose to stop when she became an adult, which was her decision at that point. I'm going to guess you don't have kids. Just a wild hunch.
    That's just pathetic.

My son acted up some in 4th and 5th grade, The "authorities" wanted to drug him. I threatened them with legal action---they backed off. He graduated valedictorian.

A leash? REALLY?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X