Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite non-music-related hobby, interest, or past time?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
    I don't ride but that's a cool looking motorcycle. Sweet couple of guitars too.
    Thank you very much! It wasn't even rideable and barely ran when I bought it.
    "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

    Comment


    • #17
      My bike is like this. I have leather bags on mine and no windshield.
      It's good for short rides, and it wants they call a bar hopper. A few hours in the saddle and I'm good. I have Vance and Hines pipes on mine, re-jetted the carb and had a sprocket change done when they put on a new set of tire.

      I was gonna plan a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's like 500 miles from my house. Maybe not on this bike.

      Like the one in the pic, mine is in great shape, it's a bit dusty.



      Click image for larger version

Name:	img_lww2mEfKCkV4IbV_r.jpg?resize=720%2C540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	32505410
      _____________________________________
      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

      Join Date: Aug 2001
      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

      Comment


      • #18
        Bikes don't work for me. They're just too heavy. I've sat on a 650 and 750 and fell over on both. I had no problems with a small dirt bike and a commuter 450 but if I were to go that route I'd get a moped. Hobbies are music related diversions. Play some pool but that's like visual percussion to me; fanatic about the percussion part.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...








        Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

        Comment


        • #19
          I still keep tropical fish. At one time I was an award-winning aquarist.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

          "A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

          "No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

          "It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
            I still keep tropical fish. At one time I was an award-winning aquarist.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
              It was Numbers that was almost the end of me. Best of luck with your continued reading.
              Thanks. Joking aside, the NLT is, as far as I'm concerned, a really excellent translation. I know a lot of people dismiss it because it isn't 'literal' enough, but I've compared it in parallel with other, more 'trusted' translations, and it holds up very well. It speaks to me and it works for me, and that's good enough for me

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ikthus View Post
                Thanks. Joking aside, the NLT is, as far as I'm concerned, a really excellent translation. I know a lot of people dismiss it because it isn't 'literal' enough, but I've compared it in parallel with other, more 'trusted' translations, and it holds up very well. It speaks to me and it works for me, and that's good enough for me
                When I read the Bible through, it was in the NIV. I have great respect for folks who read it in the KJV. I'm currently using the ESV but lately I've come to like the New Heart English Bible too. To me, the important thing is that you're reading it.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

                Comment


                • #23
                  My bike is one of my main hobbies.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 60.gif
Views:	1
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	32505803
                  Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 04-15-2019, 01:18 AM.
                  Originally posted by MrKnobs
                  God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Sleeping
                    Collecting pre 1950 photos
                    Having sex with old wymenz
                    Analyzing auto accidents
                    Studying inventors and inventions, particularly in power generation
                    Cooking peppers
                    Collecting oddball firearms. Going to gun shows
                    Military history and events
                    Motorcycle riding with the bros
                    Originally posted by MrKnobs
                    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                      My bike is one of my main hobbies.

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DC 60.gif
Views:	1
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	32505803
                      Now that should be a comfy ride.
                      _____________________________________
                      Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                      Join Date: Aug 2001
                      Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                      Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Brewing - Mostly Belgian style ales with occasional porters or stouts.
                        Reading - Still a SF & F fan.
                        Pool - We play one night per week.
                        Cooking - I watch way too much FoodNetwork. In the fall, I'll take donated peppers and make a couple of gallons of hot sauce for family and friends.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Dual Sport.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                            When I read the Bible through, it was in the NIV. I have great respect for folks who read it in the KJV. I'm currently using the ESV but lately I've come to like the New Heart English Bible too. To me, the important thing is that you're reading it.
                            Yes, the KJV is not for the faint of heart! What exactly is a cockatrice anyway?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                              Cool. How did it happen?
                              _____________________________________
                              Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                              Join Date: Aug 2001
                              Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                              Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                                Cool. How did it happen?
                                I haven't decided yet...but I'm leaning towards "two hobos lit a small fire to heat up a can of beans."
                                Donald Trump needs to STFU...RIGHT NOW
                                ---------------
                                I love this record – ray
                                https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X