Comment

• Sending out Virtual 4 lB.box of dog biscuits for the Luca Lu.;

Comment

• Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
        Sending out Virtual 4 lB.box of dog biscuits for the Luca Lu.;

I actually did milk my bone the other day
        It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
        When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

• Originally posted by tuco View Post

I actually did milk my bone the other day
          Ahhhh. Good times.
          Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

• Today looked a bit iffy weather-wise. This morning I decided to hit Clarksburg State Park again.
            It was a bit mushy up there after all the rains.

Late this afternoon at 4:30 pm or so I did the Clarksburg State Park again.

Been working on catch/ fetch and bring the ball back.

Much work needed, but it's getting better.

Yesterday we were the only ones at the puppy park.

At the park this morning I made him get in the water at the pond. Not very deep, but enough to get the stick off his tootsies. Same this evening. He hates the scarecrow on the beach.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

• Luka woke up this morning a big PITA, almost right from the get-go.

Took him to the puppy park this morning and he burned off a lot of the pita. This afternoon we hit the nursery a few towns over. The gals that worked at the nursery said what a cute puppy. I was like you should have seen him a few hours ago.

Anyway, after dinner, we hit the puppy park again. There was a lot of dogs there tonight. 4 huskies, an old black lab, but his buddy Kona was there too. They kind of went off and wrestled like crazy and had a ball. I was almost there an hour.

One Husky I have seen there a lot his name is Atlas and he follows me around cause I hand out healthy treats.

After most dogs and folks left it it was just Luka and Atlas. This is the most I have seen Atlas play, but it's cooler out this evening. A little tug-of-war with a stick between Luka and Atlas was a nice way to wrap up the puppy park evening.

I bring water for my guy, nobody seems to bring water or treats for there doggies.

Luka showed Atlas how my wife has taught him to drink out of a water bottle. Atlas caught on rather quickly, after a few tries. Atlas's owner busted a gut when I showed him the new trick he learned.

Now I haz a sleeping pup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                . . . After most dogs and folks left it it was just Luka and Atlas. This is the most I have seen Atlas play, but it's cooler out this evening. A little tug-of-war with a stick between Luka and Atlas was a nice way to wrap up the puppy park evening.

I bring water for my guy, nobody seems to bring water or treats for there doggies.

Luka showed Atlas how my wife has taught him to drink out of a water bottle. Atlas caught on rather quickly, after a few tries. Atlas's owner busted a gut when I showed him the new trick he learned.

Now I haz a sleeping pup.
                It's always better with a friend, no matter how many legs you have. I'm a little surprised nobody brings water or treats. I guess they're not planning to be there very long and they figure the dog can wait until they're home?
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

• Luka
                  Lukash

Comment

• Busy day.
                    I had the cute tech gal at my vets assist me with Luka's tootsies.

I held him down and did his nail all on my own.

Oh, and the cute tall thin tech's name is Jen.

Since I was gone the rest of the morning Luka helped the wife do some outside stuff around the house.

When I got back home from the car dealership, our Carpenter/ Handyman Dave was finishing up some of the front steps he started the other day. Luka loves Dave and likes to supervise him.

So we have rental property and had to have the handrail extended. My wife says last week, hey Dave I love the double handrail you put in on the retail. Maybe you could do the same over here.
                    Like they say nothing is as easy and cheap as it sounds.

Spent the after running around doing crap errands.

Our tenant came over and Luka is super excited to see her, she got him totally out of control. Then her daughter comes over, for some more tail waggin, ass pattin, oh your such a good boy, so I took Luka to the puppy park again.

There was no one there but us too. It was a great time to work on some catch and fetch.
                    I wore his butt down, which is just what he needed. He's getting pretty good a chasing and returning a tennis ball.

I always stop for a Luka water break, a breather and a treat.

He will drink the water out of the bottle, which is really cute as it gets.

Just like this.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	labrador-dog-drinking-water-out-bottle-looking-plastic-44729709.jpg Views:	1 Size:	464.6 KB ID:	32523974

When we got home, I took off his gentle lead and my wife said when she opened the door he made a B line right to his bed.

Luka is just shy of 40 pound now.
                    He hasn't grown much in height either. A little bit.
                    This is all fine with me.

So tomorrow Luka and I get to spend the day together. My wife will be up in Vermont helping her mom gussy up family cemetery plots, for Memorial Day. Which means my 93-year-old mother in law will sit in a chair and my wife does what she needs to do. Hell, she's 93.

Last edited by Mikeo; 05-22-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• We did a lot of Luka stuff today.
                      My wife wasn't too happy to find out I let him off the lead at the State Park, but I have been working with him a lot. I got him fetching balls and bringing them back.

The wife was like, you better not lose my Luka puppy.

I went back to the state park again tonight and had him following me around without the lead.

Tomorrow we are getting a State Park Pass. Gonna bring the wife for the senior discount.

Dinocroc had to go to the trash tonight. He chewed the hell out of that guy over the past month, now he's just tearing it up limb by limb in small piece. Goodbye Dinocroc.
                      We still have the Kong Fox, which is looking also pretty tattered. The ears went the first day.
                      Believe me he has way more stuff too, but these have been Luka pleasures.

Oh and my gay little doggie fanny pack came today. It holds stuff like his treats, has a water bottle holder, and a place for other stuff like his collapsable drinking dish. Handy.

To replace Dinocroc we stopped at Tractor Supply. I found the ripstop heavy duty industrial nylon thing. That might be good for a while. I picked up a 3 pack of Kong Tennis balls. The ones folks leave at the puppy park are pretty nasty.

RIP Dinocroc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	go-dog-gators-blue-small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	32524396

Comment

We did a lot of Luka stuff today.
                        My wife wasn't too happy to find out I let him off the lead at the State Park, but I have been working with him a lot. I got him fetching balls and bringing them back.

The wife was like, you better not lose my Luka puppy.

I went back to the state park again tonight and had him following me around without the lead.

Tomorrow we are getting a State Park Pass. Gonna bring the wife for the senior discount.

Dinocroc had to go to the trash tonight. He chewed the hell out of that guy over the past month, now he's just tearing it up limb by limb in small piece. Goodbye Dinocroc.
                        We still have the Kong Fox, which is looking also pretty tattered. The ears went the first day.
                        Believe me he has way more stuff too, but these have been Luka pleasures.

Oh and my gay little doggie fanny pack came today. It holds stuff like his treats, has a water bottle holder, and a place for other stuff like his collapsable drinking dish. Handy.

To replace Dinocroc we stopped at Tractor Supply. I found the ripstop heavy duty industrial nylon thing. That might be good for a while. I picked up a 3 pack of Kong Tennis balls. The ones folks leave at the puppy park are pretty nasty.

RIP Dinocroc.

Senior discount, babeEee
                        It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                        When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

• A friend of mine buys stuffed animals for his dog to destroy. He just goes by the thrift store and buys a sack of them for a quarter apiece. That will usually last his pup a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuco View Post

Senior discount, babeEee
                            I did a pretty long Luka walk this morning. 2 hours worth.

My puppy was being a puppy. One big PITA.

In a bit I'm grabbin my freaky ole lady
                            Who get my senior discount.

Comment

. . . RIP Dinocroc.

Yeah, our dog Teri was what we called a "power chewer." Except for things like Nylabones, dog toys didn't last very long. We didn't bother buying stuff like Dinocroc.
                              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                              Member of the Schecter Society
                              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

• What a day.

Luka woke up ready to roll. I ended up taking him to the puppy park before I left for puppy class.
                                Needed to hit the Home Depot, and he was rather good inside. The sales guy at the HD said he has a Dane and his Dane was Luka's size at 8 weeks old. Thank gawd he's not gonna be huge.

He did ok in puppy class warm up. Trainer Lisa uses Luka as test pupil in class for the come and sit. Epic Fail. He wasn't crazy in class, so I wasn't asked to leave again.

I get back home at about noon time, and he's tired. Well he pretty much slept all the way back home in the car, but he's still a tired guy. Hungry too.
                                A little Luka break, and he's ready to go again. My wife thinks the gentle lead was rubbing his nose, so she says why not just drive up to the park. I get to the puppy park and there's not a place to park the car. It shares a parking lot with a kids playground. Up to Clarksburg we go.

Lots of ball chasing and walking around for about an hour or so. Headed back home, and he's ready to eat again. Surprise. He's getting good at chasing tennis balls and catching them and coming back to me for a treat.

You'd think with all the snacks and treats he gets for doing things right, he'd be full.

His K9 Ballistic bed came in today. It's too big for his nighttime kennel bed.
                                I emailed the company and will have to call them on Tuesday. Nice bed all in all.
                                The thing is so plush, it took my wife and me to get it back in the box. He will have to use the one he chewed a hole in for now.

So what's Luka doing now? He' sitting with the wife on the couch, Him's a people guy.

Tomorrow he's getting a bath, I bought a special adaptor so we can hook up a hose to my kitchen faucet and run the hose outside, cause my wife says the water coming out of the outside hose is too cold. So my puppy gets a warm shower tomorrow.

My kitties are so sweet and cuddly.

Comment

Working...
                                X