Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up men and women, been a while.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up men and women, been a while.

How have ya'll been? I see Dano's back, but that could've been a while ago and I see Mikeo's still here and a few others, Tuco, ect.

Who were you? Welcome back.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
      Who were you? Welcome back.
      Thanks! I was Rufus, came on in 2001. I couldn't get back on with my new email so I had to re-engineer my handle. How've you been Mike? I was looking around for a accoustic guitar and saw the site. I thought OJ was gone.

Comment

I still think of Sydfan once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Garbage Engineer View Post

Thanks! I was Rufus, came on in 2001. I couldn't get back on with my new email so I had to re-engineer my handle. How've you been Mike? I was looking around for a accoustic guitar and saw the site. I thought OJ was gone.

Not badly.

I will be officially retired for my job on March 28th. Not the way I wanted to go out, but they made it a bitch of a place to work for the past year for me. There was too much at stake for me to go longer.
          I'll be looking for another job to keep me busy.

I know more than a few folks that called it too.

HCOJ and HC, in general, is rather slow, but not dead. I am here just about every day.

Happy acoustic guitar hunting. I looking at another one myself.

My wife and I recently adopted a 5-month-old dog from the Humane Society. I went for living in a lovely quiet household with 2 cats, to chaos. He's been here for 5 weeks.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Women?

Wow, it really HAS been awhile
            Last edited by tuco; 03-16-2019, 04:38 PM.
            It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
            Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
            When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
              Women?

Wow, it really HAS been awhile
              Ha, no Gracie or what's her name? Can't remember now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

Not badly.

I will be officially retired for my job on March 28th. Not the way I wanted to go out, but they made it a bitch of a place to work for the past year for me. There was too much at stake for me to go longer.
                I'll be looking for another job to keep me busy.

I know more than a few folks that called it too.

HCOJ and HC, in general, is rather slow, but not dead. I am here just about every day.

Happy acoustic guitar hunting. I looking at another one myself.

My wife and I recently adopted a 5-month-old dog from the Humane Society. I went for living in a lovely quiet household with 2 cats, to chaos. He's been here for 5 weeks.

Well, I hope you enjoy the retirement and the new dog. Hey, any recomendations on a cheap acoustic? I had a Washburn D-100? a few years ago and it wasn't a bad guitar, but I sold it.

I may talk to Phil and see if I an get my old name back, I believe I had around 29k posts.

Comment

Nope, no Gracie, no Moneypenny, none of the members of the fairer sex who used to grace our forum. If there are any women here now, they're in disguise, or I'm just oblivious.
                  "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                  -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                  -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                  -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                  -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post

Nope, no Gracie, no Moneypenny, none of the members of the fairer sex who used to grace our forum. If there are any women here now, they're in disguise, or I'm just oblivious.
                    Hey Isaac! Bummer on the girls. I'll bring my harem over.

Comment

How have ya'll been? I see Dano's back, but that could've been a while ago and I see Mikeo's still here and a few others, Tuco, ect.
                      Dano's currently serving a 2 month ban because he can't stay out of HCPP and he can't control his impulses when he's there. He and I butt heads from time to time even here.

The default recommendation in Acoustic Guitars is Yamaha but IMHO you can get a good inexpensive guitar from a number of makers. You can also read any of the ubiquitous "Which guitar?" threads or start your own. If you know what to look for, a used guitar can be a great bargain.
                      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                      Member of the Schecter Society
                      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I pop in from time to time...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ_Slut View Post
                          I pop in from time to time...
                          But who are you?
                          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                          -- Theodore White

Comment

youre oblivious...
                            Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                              Dano's currently serving a 2 month ban because he can't stay out of HCPP and he can't control his impulses when he's there. He and I butt heads from time to time even here.

The default recommendation in Acoustic Guitars is Yamaha but IMHO you can get a good inexpensive guitar from a number of makers. You can also read any of the ubiquitous "Which guitar?" threads or start your own. If you know what to look for, a used guitar can be a great bargain.
                              Thanks, I guess I made a major newb mistake on asking about guitars after browsing around the acoustic section! Here's the deal, I don't have a mom and pop store close enough and I'm not good enough to go play ten thousand guitars in person. I just want a decent guitar to work on my finger placement.

I've been talking with some of you guys for damn near twenty years and just thought I'd see what the latest cheap decent guitar is. And I for sure don't care if I come off as some "dumb newb!" Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X