Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in a literal six-day creation?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in a literal six-day creation?

I do

Maybe, ~13.5 billion years ago, God initiated the Big Bang, then sat back and let physics and chemistry do their thing, knowing we would all end up here today.

It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
    - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by Ikthus View Post
      I do
      Do you believe in Santy Claus and the Easter Bunny too?

Comment

No. I do believe in "intelligent design" but it took a good bit longer than 6 days. Our solar system wasn't even a part of the original creation because there were no elements heavier than hydrogen at that time, which means no planets, no animals, no people. You're welcome to believe whatever you want.
        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
        Member of the Schecter Society
        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

If you believe in a creator who can speak everything into existence it can look any way the creator wants it to look.
          There’s no reason it can’t look ancient or brand new.
          Last edited by tuco; 03-16-2019, 04:41 PM.
          It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
          Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
          When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Do i believe in divine engineering of "life", of all living things, of the universe, ?
            Absolutely.
            Did i note that the Sun is just far enough away not to burn you to a cinder, yet, just close enough to cause.......................photosynthesis, among other needful things that cause and maintain "life" in nature?
            Thats just one more happy accident......is that right?

And Gravity just happens to work in such a way, so that the sea is bound by the shore?
            Ah.... one more accident of LUCK.

And Spring flows into Summer and Summer into Winter and winter into.......Spring. (right on time)..(you can set your calendar).
            And The calendar that you live by, is based on WHO that died on a Cross, and all known dates are related to "AD"?
            Coincidence?
            Somebody goofed?
            Yep, just one more lucky strike.........or......

And that a verse in a uh-oh (Bible) says that you are created in the image (likeness) of The Creator, and so... isn't it interesting that only a human being can perceive BEAUTY?........And isn't it interesting that all of nature and the universe has COLOR< and we NOTICE<>PERCEIVE this as Beauty?
            So, that is one more "dumb luck" thing........ or is it possible that a Creator, created and creates beauty because HE likes it ALSO< which is why you and only you, and no other living thing, NOTICES Beauty?....or can PERCEIVE BEAUTY..
            This is STRICTLY a human revelation.....
            Don't believe me?
            Then you test it.... Take you dog or your snake or your fish or your cat or your turtle or your bear or your horse or your bug, and ask them how they feel about a beautiful sunset that is glistening red and yellow and even purple as it descends into the Ocean as you stand there and are AWESTRUCK.
            Ask them how they feel about a beautiful painting, or a beautiful landscape, or a purple Mountain range in the Spring....
            Take a photograph of a bouquet of flowers and show a Shark and ask him what is the prettiest flower in the photograph..

And about that 6 days..
            Who told you this was "Man" days...
            Do you actually believe that The Creator who exists outside of time and nature, would not have a different calendar of " days" as HE functions according, regarding this word... then the one you exist inside of that lasts 24 hrs?????
            Silly thinking.....
            Who told you that God's day is 24 hrs, as is yours?
            Ah..... hummmmmm.
            So, the issue.... is that so MANY are not looking at the big picture, and instead remain stranded in a mental lock because they are looking at the small things.... and are mind blinded by them.....
            Last edited by AP_Lives; 03-16-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

You’re at the same point I was at maybe 15 years ago, trying to make your view of things fit with an irrational explanation.
              I was a Christian who became a Deist, then on further study, I realized there is no evidence to support any of
              it. The multiverse is just the way it is and always has been. Given an infinite amount of time and an infinite number of universes being born and dying in the multiverse, our universe or others similar to it (and everything in them) would be produced as part of that natural process forever (see Infinite monkey theorem as a mathematical proof). That’s not to say that there can’t be civilizations that are trillions of years more advanced than us (2001?), who can traverse universes as easily as you can drive to the mall. Maybe they created us, and were mistakenly thought of as “gods”.
              There’s no evidence of that either, so I’m still a skeptic for any of it.
              Last edited by Ed A.; 03-16-2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed A. View Post
                You’re at the same point I was at maybe 15 years ago, trying to make your view of things fit with an irrational explanation.
                I was a Christian who became a Deist, then on further study, I realized there is no evidence to support any of
                it. The multiverse is just the way it is and always has been. Given an infinite amount of time and an infinite number of universes being born and dying in the multiverse, our universe or others similar to it (and everything in them) would be produced as part of that natural process forever (see Infinite monkey theorem as a mathematical proof). That’s not to say that there can’t be civilizations that are trillions of years more advanced than us (2001?), who can traverse universes as easily as you can drive to the mall. Maybe they created us, and were mistakenly thought of as “gods”.
                There’s no evidence of that either, so I’m still a skeptic for any of it.
                How would you know that the multiverse is just the way it is and always has been?
                If there is a creator who spoke everything into existence, that creator would obviously
                not experience space/time as we do.

It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post
                  If you believe in a creator who can speak everything into existence it can look any way the creator wants it to look.
                  There’s no reason it can’t look ancient or brand new.
                  Some evangelicals say pretty much the same thing, that their god created the universe 5000 years or so ago but then put fossils in the ground and created the light from distant galaxies so that it was already on its way as a means to test our faith. To me, such a creator would be inherently deceitful. I couldn't worship a god like that. Again, YMMV.
                  Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                  Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                  Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                  Member of the Schecter Society
                  Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post

How would you know that the multiverse is just the way it is and always has been?

I'm saying that it's more likely that the multiverse is eternal and that's the "creator" through its natural process, and not the spontaneous whim of an eternal god.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                      No. I do believe in "intelligent design" but it took a good bit longer than 6 days. Our solar system wasn't even a part of the original creation because there were no elements heavier than hydrogen at that time, which means no planets, no animals, no people. You're welcome to believe whatever you want.
                      Not that I take the Bible at face value let alone bible but what is 6 days in God time?
                      Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                        I believe in 'physics'. You know, the fact based study of science that has the explanation of most of the natural occurring phenomena that created galaxies, our solar system, planets, explain the life and death of stars, heavy element creation, the formation of life. All that stuff. No 'design' to it except for physics.

Read a book dood.

Or watch these shows if you can't read. Both pretty intelligent and thought provoking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	32491611

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	32491610
                        Last edited by hammergjh; 03-17-2019, 07:59 AM.
                        Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Lives View Post
                          Do i believe in divine engineering of "life", of all living things, of the universe, ?
                          Absolutely.
                          Did i note that the Sun is just far enough away not to burn you to a cinder, yet, just close enough to cause.......................photosynthesis, among other needful things that cause and maintain "life" in nature?
                          Thats just one more happy accident......is that right?

And Gravity just happens to work in such a way, so that the sea is bound by the shore?
                          Ah.... one more accident of LUCK.

And Spring flows into Summer and Summer into Winter and winter into.......Spring. (right on time)..(you can set your calendar).
                          And The calendar that you live by, is based on WHO that died on a Cross, and all known dates are related to "AD"?
                          Coincidence?
                          Somebody goofed?
                          Yep, just one more lucky strike.........or......

And that a verse in a uh-oh (Bible) says that you are created in the image (likeness) of The Creator, and so... isn't it interesting that only a human being can perceive BEAUTY?........And isn't it interesting that all of nature and the universe has COLOR< and we NOTICE<>PERCEIVE this as Beauty?
                          So, that is one more "dumb luck" thing........ or is it possible that a Creator, created and creates beauty because HE likes it ALSO< which is why you and only you, and no other living thing, NOTICES Beauty?....or can PERCEIVE BEAUTY..
                          This is STRICTLY a human revelation.....
                          Don't believe me?
                          Then you test it.... Take you dog or your snake or your fish or your cat or your turtle or your bear or your horse or your bug, and ask them how they feel about a beautiful sunset that is glistening red and yellow and even purple as it descends into the Ocean as you stand there and are AWESTRUCK.
                          Ask them how they feel about a beautiful painting, or a beautiful landscape, or a purple Mountain range in the Spring....
                          Take a photograph of a bouquet of flowers and show a Shark and ask him what is the prettiest flower in the photograph..

And about that 6 days..
                          Who told you this was "Man" days...
                          Do you actually believe that The Creator who exists outside of time and nature, would not have a different calendar of " days" as HE functions according, regarding this word... then the one you exist inside of that lasts 24 hrs?????
                          Silly thinking.....
                          Who told you that God's day is 24 hrs, as is yours?
                          Ah..... hummmmmm.
                          So, the issue.... is that so MANY are not looking at the big picture, and instead remain stranded in a mental lock because they are looking at the small things.... and are mind blinded by them.....
                          LOL
                          It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                          - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

LOL
                            More like
                            Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

I believe, because I'm not a Hell bound heathen...like most of you lot. Is that Neil deGrasse Tyson ? I just finished reading Accessory To War- the Unspoken Alliance Between Astrophysics and The Military.
                              It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X