No announcement yet.

How about that Ethiopian Jet Crash?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about that Ethiopian Jet Crash?

I have no idea if this tragedy has been Threaded about here, but if not, here you go.

I was in the gym , on Mon 3-11, and im wishing they would not have so many channels of CNN and MSNBC playing on the 10 BScreen TVS they have in one big room that im usually found in, my first hour im there.
    I told someone recently that CNN is the "toilet of the airwaves where all disgruntled former employees of Donald Trump go to whine and rant"....... but , i digress.
    So, at some point both CNN and MSNBC had to talk a few mins about something other then Donald and the wall, Donald and the Russians, Donald and the Jews, Donald and Nanci P.., Impeachment....and...
    What i think would be more interesting is if they showed a video clip of Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon holding hands in the bathroom stall, again.
    But, i digress.
    So, finally, Trump left the screen and then CNN told an interesting story about what probably caused this jet to hit the ground and kill everyone on it.

it goes like this....
    It seems that these particular "newer" Boeings, have a built in pilot over-ride system that once engaged, is in full and complete control.
    Its specifically and ONLY designed to deal with "stalls".
    Now, here is what probably happened.. Right after takeoff, as the pilot was both turning and climbing the Jet into the blue, it was still quite low and he didnt give it enough thrust at that point, as he should have.
    So, this is minor pilot error, and is no biggie, but, it did create the effect of a possible stall........... a Stall, is when a jet stops going forward and FALLS.
    Thats a "Stall"..
    So, before he can tilt the jet into a flat plane to allow the air to cushion the wings and support, using the tail rudders, which is Pilot 101 simple fix to correct a potential stall, the NEW BOEING auto override system comes online, and essentially takes the ship from the captain.
    And here is the problem........this entire process of a (processor - software) coming online to correct the stall, was ONLY created to deal with stalls = that are occurring much higher UP.
    That is how the program was written/designed.
    Now get that....
    This auto override system that took the jet from the pilot's control, "THINKS" the jet is HIGHER, as its programmed to "think" and then it does what its programmed to do.
    It nose dives the jet, to increase speed, then hits the engines to maintain the dive, and then it pulls up and all is well...
    Except, the Jet was too low, and the program nose dived and trusted the jet right into the ground.
    Which means....The Pilot, ither forgot how to turn off the system, or, didnt have time....... And in ither case, all he could do was sit there along with 152 passengers who were looking out their window.... and watch the ground coming toward them like a very large and very hard wall of death.

Terrible.
    Unfathomable.
    Truly a living nightmare.

Last edited by AP_Lives; 03-12-2019, 08:10 PM.

Exactly. It DOES sound like a CNN story.

The reality is that if put in that dive mode to gain speed, it would pick up enough speed to overcome a stall very quickly. I don't know how high or low they were and CNN probably doesn't know either, but suffice it to say, this would have been an easily recoverable incident given the multiple layers of redundant systems on board the aircraft.

Remember, CNN and the other pundits have to find a boogey man quickly to keep people watching. So they bring out an endless stream of "analysts" and "experts" to endlessly speculate on what "might" have happened. There's really no story on the root cause(s) until the flight data and cockpit voice recorders are analyzed. I'll be interested in the story then.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Might have been worse.

Might have been Fox News.
      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

sad

Comment

Originally posted by AP_Lives View Post
          I have no idea if this tragedy has been Threaded about here, but if not, here you go.

I was in the gym , on Mon 3-11, and im wishing they would not have so many channels of CNN and MSNBC playing on the 10 BScreen TVS they have in one big room that im usually found in, my first hour im there.
          I told someone recently that CNN is the "toilet of the airwaves where all disgruntled former employees of Donald Trump go to whine and rant"....... but , i digress.
          So, at some point both CNN and MSNBC had to talk a few mins about something other then Donald and the wall, Donald and the Russians, Donald and the Jews, Donald and Nanci P.., Impeachment....and...
          What i think would be more interesting is if they showed a video clip of Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon holding hands in the bathroom stall, again.
          But, i digress.
          So, finally, Trump left the screen and then CNN told an interesting story about what probably caused this jet to hit the ground and kill everyone on it.

it goes like this....
          It seems that these particular "newer" Boeings, have a built in pilot over-ride system that once engaged, is in full and complete control.
          Its specifically and ONLY designed to deal with "stalls".
          Now, here is what probably happened.. Right after takeoff, as the pilot was both turning and climbing the Jet into the blue, it was still quite low and he didnt give it enough thrust at that point, as he should have.
          So, this is minor pilot error, and is no biggie, but, it did create the effect of a possible stall........... a Stall, is when a jet stops going forward and FALLS.
          Thats a "Stall"..
          So, before he can tilt the jet into a flat plane to allow the air to cushion the wings and support, using the tail rudders, which is Pilot 101 simple fix to correct a potential stall, the NEW BOEING auto override system comes online, and essentially takes the ship from the captain.
          And here is the problem........this entire process of a (processor - software) coming online to correct the stall, was ONLY created to deal with stalls = that are occurring much higher UP.
          That is how the program was written/designed.
          Now get that....
          This auto override system that took the jet from the pilot's control, "THINKS" the jet is HIGHER, as its programmed to "think" and then it does what its programmed to do.
          It nose dives the jet, to increase speed, then hits the engines to maintain the dive, and then it pulls up and all is well...
          Except, the Jet was too low, and the program nose dived and trusted the jet right into the ground.
          Which means....The Pilot, ither forgot how to turn off the system, or, didnt have time....... And in ither case, all he could do was sit there along with 152 passengers who were looking out their window.... and watch the ground coming toward them like a very large and very hard wall of death.

Terrible.
          Unfathomable.
          Truly a living nightmare.
          you certainly use “I” and “me” with great frequency... profukkinliffic, baby...
          Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

The Boeing 737 Max is a built jet.

I think ever plane and jet should be equipped with an oh S!@t button that shuts of the engines and deploys a big parachute.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I was looking at a system that would detach the passenger compartment and deploy a 'chute. Looked a bit iffy to me.

Comment

Rachel Maddow reported last night that there is an online forum for pilots and the like to discuss issues in their industry. MSNBC dug into the forums and found some interesting data. Reports on the forums of aberrant behavior by the autopilot system in the new Max 8 planes have been out there for a few months. Pilots reported engaging autopilot soon after take off and then the jet suddenly going into a severe nose dive. Disengaging AP corrected the aberrant flying behavior. Boeing did nothing about it until the first of this year or so.

Now get this, Boeing was in discussions w/ the FAA to release a fix for this issue which they obviously knew about, recognized as a problem and finally started to analyze. But the gov't shutdown halted those discussions for approximately 5 weeks, delaying the release for the software fix. Hence, Ethiopia. This tragedy could have potentially been avoided by Trump not shutting down the gov't. Amazing.
                Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

My Subaru was running weird last week and got a software upgrade.

Is there anything computer don't control these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                    My Subaru was running weird last week and got a software upgrade.

Is there anything computer don't control these days?
                    Not much of anything, no. Robots/computers taking over the world is still considered science fiction but look around you. It's already happening.
                    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                    Member of the Schecter Society
                    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                      Not much of anything, no. Robots/computers taking over the world is still considered science fiction but look around you. It's already happening.
                      Exactly.

Comment

Skynet
                        Originally posted by MrKnobs
                        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Working...
                        X