No announcement yet.

My poor doggie

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
    Dogs poo. That's what they do. That's ALL they do.
    not true... they also EAT poo... other animals poo... cat poo is the filet mignon of the canine world while horse poo is runner up...
    Last edited by Voltan; 03-13-2019, 06:57 AM.
    Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

word from a veterinarian ... finish the series if you like your doggie...
      Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

My youngest has a pooch with intestinal issues. Built him a special high chair so he could eat 'standing up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltan View Post
          word from a veterinarian ... finish the series if you like your doggie...
          That's the plan.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by grayhame View Post
            My youngest has a pooch with intestinal issues. Built him a special high chair so he could eat 'standing up'.
            We have a special dish that slows him down a bit. I heard it was better to have a larger dog eat standing up too. We gave food gulper.

Lunch is on now.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Voltan View Post

not true... they also EAT poo... other animals poo... cat poo is the filet mignon of the canine world while horse poo is runner up...
              something I wasn't going to mention, but true...when we had both, the dog used to 'peruse' the litter box when looking for a snack... ...they also like cat vomit
              I think the semi-digested hay is assumed [by the dog] to be a good source of fiber for them, instead of the old 'eat some grass, hack it up on the carpet' trick...either way, horse manure is still one of the best compost additives. When I was a stable [or un-stable] boy in my misspent youth, the stable dogs were also known to roll in the horse manure......although I think this was more to get us to hose them off rather than some sensual exercise.

Considering how much more sensitive a dog's sense of smell is, I've never understood much of their olfactory related behavior...like butt sniffing and eating gawdawful smelling things.
              Last edited by daddymack; 03-13-2019, 10:28 AM.
              "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                I hear what you are saying.
                I was concerned about that too. He's on a probiotic too.

You just want to kill any bad, and keep the good.

What the vet and we are trying to do, is get his digestive issues to normal in a month. I really need to trust my vet(s). . . .
                Yes, you need to trust your vet(s) but conversely he/she needs to earn your trust. Antibiotic overuse is a major problem and using antibiotics to treat diarrhea simply strikes me as a bit odd. YMMV. And for what it's worth, "normal" isn't a word I'd apply to any dog I've ever owned.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
                X