Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
    Gandhi said we judge a society by how we treat critters

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Luka is observing you

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
        Gandhi said we judge a society by how we treat critters
        Gandhi didn't spend much time in India until late in his life. He was a very intelligent and educated man, for his time. He was a Brahmin Hindu, though, and raised to treat 'untouchables' with disgust and disdain. Although I admire his purpose and basic tenets, he was a flawed human, like everyone else.
        Any society that lets cattle wander freely around the country crapping tam-o-shanters everywhere is not the most enlightened IMHO...
        Any society that treats a large part of its population as religious and social pariahs based on their birth status is also not the most enlightened IMHO...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

yup

Comment

The thing about cats, is......a few things.
            First of all, Cats dont love.
            Thats a fact.
            And if you think your cat loves you, then you are a victim of the fact that it sexually vibrates when you rub it, and you have misunderstood its reaction to your "petting" and "rubbing".
            And if you dont rub it on demand..., it'll rub itself on a chair leg, and sexually vibrate until it forget to keep doing it, then it'll go into "lick mode" and lick in the same area, the same pattern, like a trained robot.....over and over and over, all day and night.
            Cats are like that.

But worse then that, is, Toxoplasmosis.
            This is a brain virus, that domestic house cats give to humans, that actually causes them to feel more affectionate toward cats.
            Almost, as if they are zombie'd. They will feel this unnatural adoration for CATS, and they think its normal, but its actually a cat transmitted brain virus that is causing these FEELINGS.
            Dont believe me?
            Goggle it.
            Learn what your cat can do to you., and probably did.

But the worst of all..

"Dogs are not clean"< but a CAT is clean, it has a box."

Ever heard this lie?
            Listen up....
            A question... ??
            If you went into your bathroom 3-5 times a day, and did your business in the toilet, then got in the toilet with your bare feet and scratched around... then walked all over your house...
            1.) Are your feet clean?
            2.) Is your house Clean?
            3.) Is your toilet clean ?
            4.) are YOU clean?

Well, your cat gets into their TOILET< 3-5 times a day, and after they do their business, they paddle around the goodies with their paws, and scratch INTO the goodies, then they get out of their toilet, and walk around your house, on those paws.
            They get on your sofa with those paws that just played in the toilet, 3-5 times a day......and your table, and your LAP, and all over your floors.
            They put those paws on everything.
            Eventually, they LICK OFF what their dirty little PAWS played with in their box, and then they go back to the box and start over a little while later.

Thats your cat.
            Enjoy it.

Comment

^ Brilliant! I make no ones about it, people with indoor animals are filthy and disgusting. Toxoplasmosis, fleas, and unsanitary . All house animals sometimes vomit and defecate and urinate in other places inside the house no matter if you have the litter box or not..
              I have a friend who is a cat crazy idiot- his yard stinks in the summer of cat shot urine and is flea infested. sick.
              Dogs themselves defecate all over , bringing health hazards and flies and disease, then bark incessantly disturbing tranqulity, and while i might enjoy and outside cat or dog , one or two, to invite them inside is flat out disgusting.
              Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 03-12-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I was practicing some basic puppy training exercises on my front porch with Luka. A training treat ( dog food) dropped off the porch and feel in the flower beds. You think the Hope Diamond had just fallen into a crevasse and was swallowed up by the earth.

Comment

I had to take Luka out of his Puppy training class for a few minutes today. He was so unruly, and wouldn't do anything, not even listen.

We can back in a few minutes later when he calmed down.

He finally did want was need of him.
                  He has his favorite playmates.

All the other pups were better.
                  Lisa the instructor was a big help.

We have 2 more sessions, but I signed him up for 7 weeks of more training.

I thought I was gonna have a pup school drop out for a while.

The wife and I have been working with him this afternoon. Practicing what we learned in class.

It's gonna be constant treats and rewards.

The wife is better at the dance steps with him. I get so angry at him sometimes.

One young lady puppy school helper tried to give him a bone with peanut butter on it. I had to tell her Luka could have that right now, as he's on a special diet. Luka was PO'ed.

When we got home I was so tired. I laid down for an hour with my kitty Kallie.

Kallie is such a sweet kitty.

Playing with the cats now.

Luka does better with the lady pups than he does with the boy pups.

He does like the Bernese Mountain pup who is as cute as all hell. Gentle too.

His name is Denali.

I just looked up on the net and found that life span of a Bernese Mountain Dog is 6-8 years. That would break my heart.

Denali's mom is pretty cute too. Don't know what her name is.

Doggie playtime he's doing better. I think.

Last edited by Mikeo; 03-16-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X