No announcement yet.

Cats verses Dogs

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cats verses Dogs

Having cats is like hanging out with high society. Calm and relaxing, nice conversation, nothing gets broken.

Having a dog is like a party in a frat house. My dog ain't happy time everything is broke.

So far he broke nothing, but I went home for lunch, and it looks like the living room was hit by a bomb.

The wife said he's doing good today. I can see that.

It's too cold and windy to be outside.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

'cat's rule...dogs drool...'
    I have owned both, or, rather I have had dogs, and been enslaved by cats in the past...and present.
    Cats look out for themselves, they are unaffected by anything you do outside of feeding them cleaning out their litter box and petting them when they decide you are entitled to. Dogs crave your attention, constantly, and are there to serve you, even if you don't want them to.
    If your house is on fire, the dog will bark...the cat will wait to see if you will let it out.
    Last edited by daddymack; 02-25-2019, 02:15 PM.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

My cats shed like fiends. Ugh.
      Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
        My cats shed like fiends. Ugh.

You have to brush kitties. My cats actually like being brushed. That is until they don't . We had a cat that was probably part Maine Coon Cat and he was a high maintenance bitch.

The dog we have has short fur and he sheds too.

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
          I have owned both, or, rather I have had dogs, and been enslaved by cats in the past...and present.
          Cats look out for themselves, they are unaffected by anything you do outside of feeding them cleaning out their litter box and petting them when they decide you are entitled to. Dogs crave your attention, constantly, and are there to serve you, even if you don't want them to.
          If your house is on fire, the dog will bark...the cat will wait to see if you will let it out.
          That's the part I'm having the hardest time with.

Look at me, look at me.

I'm sliding across your rug again. I got my chew toy here, rub my belly, my other chew toy where is it, haven't seen that in the last 49 seconds. You found it master, you are like Houdini toy finders. Rub my belly again.

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
            We had a cat who drooled.
            "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
            -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
            -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
            -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
            -- Theodore White

Comment

FWIW, "verses" are parts of a song. If you mean "opposed to," the word is "versus." Our last dog was 42 lbs. and still thought she was a "lap dog." When Mrs. DeepEnd was in the recliner, she'd jump up on her lap and wait for attention.
              Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
              Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
              Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
              Member of the Schecter Society
              Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                FWIW, "verses" are parts of a song. If you mean "opposed to," the word is "versus." Our last dog was 42 lbs. and still thought she was a "lap dog." When Mrs. DeepEnd was in the recliner, she'd jump up on her lap and wait for attention.
                Yer such a pedant, Deepends

"They love me. They take care of me and feed me and see to all my needs. They must be gods"
                -dog

"They love me. They take care of me and feed me and see to all my needs. I must be a god"
                -cat
                I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

I'll tell ya this my wife really keeps everyone busy during the day. She said she needed more to do, and she got it.

The dog was bonkers crazy when I got home, but he's passed out now.

Kallie kitty is we me now. She's such a sweetie.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post

We had a cat who drooled.
                    [damn that missing comment button...]

Fine. I've had a dog that was fiercely independent...and clever...but they are the exceptions, not the rule
                    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post

"They love me. They take care of me and feed me and see to all my needs. They must be gods"
                      -dog

"They love me. They take care of me and feed me and see to all my needs. I must be a god"
                      -cat

Comment

-dog

-cat
                        At the risk of seeming--well--pedantic, let's look at what the word actually means:

1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.
                        2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.
                        3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.
                        4. Obsolete . a schoolmaster.
                        (As an interesting aside, "pedant" has nothing to do with either feet or insects. ) My observation is neither excessive nor inappropriate. Mikeo used the wrong word. Nothing criminal in that, everyone makes mistakes, and his was a common one, using the wrong homophone. No overemphasis on my part, just pointing out a minor error to a friend, along the lines of Corny's "Please do not say..." threads. Mikeo could easily have eliminated the error by using the abbreviation "vs." or the legal version, "v."
                        I believe you'll also have a hard time proving I lack common sense, and I've never claimed to be a schoolmaster. But if we're lucky we can each learn from our mistakes. Each time I learn from a mistake--for example, by breaking the rules or misspelling a fellow forumite's screen name--I become a better version of me, and becoming a better version of yourself is a worthy goal for anyone, IMHO, not that you necessarily share my opinion. Take care and be well.
                        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                        Member of the Schecter Society
                        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                          At the risk of seeming--well--pedantic, let's look at what the word actually means:

(As an interesting aside, "pedant" has nothing to do with either feet or insects. ) My observation is neither excessive nor inappropriate. Mikeo used the wrong word. Nothing criminal in that, everyone makes mistakes, and his was a common one, using the wrong homophone. No overemphasis on my part, just pointing out a minor error to a friend, along the lines of Corny's "Please do not say..." threads. Mikeo could easily have eliminated the error by using the abbreviation "vs." or the legal version, "v."
                          I believe you'll also have a hard time proving I lack common sense, and I've never claimed to be a schoolmaster. But if we're lucky we can each learn from our mistakes. Each time I learn from a mistake--for example, by breaking the rules or misspelling a fellow forumite's screen name--I become a better version of me, and becoming a better version of yourself is a worthy goal for anyone, IMHO, not that you necessarily share my opinion. Take care and be well.
                          Sheesh, man, if you're gonna take on all o' Mikeo's spelling/grammar/syntax errors, you will never do anything BUT correct him! That's our good brudda Mike, that's just the way it is.

Was it necessary to correct Phil when he posted "Cheese Its"? Were you concerned that someone would not understand what he was talking about? Why is it so important for you to correct everybody? You do it a lot, over insignificant things.

*steps on a few pismires*
                          I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

-dog

-cat
                            Remember:

A female dog is called a BITCH.

A female cat is called a QUEEN.

That about sums it up!
                            This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

I love cats, and hate dogs. We have both.

Our dog is a giant, galumphing, slobbering BARK MACHINE. He's a German Shepard, Great Pyrenees mix, but it looks mostly like an oversize G. Shepard with a blocky head and floppy ears. God, he's soooo dumb. Sees a person walking their dog, two blocks away, on the far side of the street...and he goes NUTS!! Barks his fool head off, then begs to be let into the back yard so he can bark some more! He barks at everyone, but especially dog walkers and people with baby strollers. He just freaks out when he sees them.

We have to wake up TWICE in the middle of the night to let his parking, peeing stupid dog butt outside to "do his business". First time is 5 minutes after we lay down in bed. If we try to let him out before bed, he looks at us like we're stupid ( 'cause we are?). Then sometime around 2:30 - 3 am he'll bark again until either myself or my wife gets up to let him out.

Second thing he does that drives me up a wall - he steals food. Digs food out of the trash. Hell, he ate a pot of chili OFF THE FRICKIN' STOVE once (it was cold). Put his feet up on the stove and shlurp, shlurp, shlurp, shlurp.....chili gone! He also begs for food, but that's our fault.

Even though I'm not a fan of dogs, I still treat our dog kindly. It's not the dog's fault he's a dog. It's not the dog's fault he lives with us (it's my wife's fault). And the big ol' knucklehead is good to me and especially to my 7 year old daughter. He's never so much as growled at her, and he's never even tried to nip at her.

This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Working...
                              X