No announcement yet.

Bless me Father, for I have sinned...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bless me Father, for I have sinned...

..it has been 40 years since my last confession. And Father, I've basically done everything vile in the book except for some henious crime..that I haven't done, an hopefully never will.
    I 'member the last time I went to confession 40- years ago , i told the priest some stuff I had done and he said at the time my soul was in mortal anger. I'll never forget that"Your soul is in mortal danger"!! I acknowledge I am a bad person, but i also have a very good side too.
    For those of you who do not know, born catholics must go confess their sins to a parish Priest and receive penitence and thus absolution. I doubt any Priest would absolve me now. 'Im fricking going straight to hell, not even any purgatory for me.

..although to be honest, purgatory. or "limbo" is not vacation. It's on the edge of Hell, and depending on the time you have to stay their, it's more like a maximum security prison in some 3rd world country , than a blue collar country club lockup.;
    Christ in Limbo (c. 1575) by an anonymous follower of Hieronymus Bosch[1]
    In Catholic theology, Limbo (Latin limbus, edge or boundary, referring to the "edge" of Hell) is a doctrine concerning the afterlifecondition of those who die in original sin without being assigned to the Hell of the Damned. Medieval theologians of western Europe described the underworld ("hell", "hades", "infernum") as divided into four distinct parts: Hell of the Damned,[2]Purgatory, Limbo of the Fathers or Patriarchs, and Limbo of the Infants. However, Limbo of the Infants is not an official doctrine of the Catholic Church.

Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 02-16-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

..but it's going to be much better than hell, which is the eternal devilish torture of the worst kind for eternity. And plus whereas eventually you can go to heaven from Limbo, you have to stay for all time in Hell;

Comment

Your sins are forgiven, for penance 3 hail mary's and 4 our fathers.

I think the last time I was in confession I was 14, and it was right before confirmation.

Grandparents and Moms love confirmation day.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
          ..but it's going to be much better than hell, which is the eternal devilish torture of the worst kind for eternity. And plus whereas eventually you can go to heaven from Limbo, you have to stay for all time in Hell;
          I must not be up on my Catholic mythology. I was under the impression that a soul could get to Heaven from Purgatory, but not from Limbo.
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

More than your soul will be in danger if you hang out with that priest much more. Keep a cork with you at all times. Just sayin'.
            Originally posted by MrKnobs
            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Religion is a load of dooky.

Comment

I like Hansel & Gretel more, as fairy tales go.

Snow White's not bad.
                I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

Us Methodists don't do Confession as far as the Catholic thing is concerned so I can't comment. I do know discussion of religion is a violation of the Forum rules.
                  Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                  Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                  Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                  Member of the Schecter Society
                  Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
                    I do know discussion of religion is a violation of the Forum rules.
                    Discussing religion is not a violation of the forum rules.
                    You’re thinking of Music Player Forum where discussion of religion and politics is prohibited.

Comment

• DeepEnd
                      DeepEnd commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nope. Discussion of religion or politics is restricted to HCPP.

Originally posted by Ed A. View Post
                    Discussing religion is not a violation of the forum rules.
                    You’re thinking of Music Player Forum where discussion of religion and politics is prohibited.
                    ...but he likes to tell YOU the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
                      ..it has been 40 years since my last confession. And Father, I've basically done everything vile in the book except for some henious crime..that I haven't done, an hopefully never will.
                      I 'member the last time I went to confession 40- years ago , i told the priest some stuff I had done and he said at the time my soul was in mortal anger. I'll never forget that"Your soul is in mortal danger"!! I acknowledge I am a bad person, but i also have a very good side too.
                      For those of you who do not know, born catholics must go confess their sins to a parish Priest and receive penitence and thus absolution. I doubt any Priest would absolve me now. 'Im fricking going straight to hell, not even any purgatory for me.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	32477656
                      Last edited by tuco; 02-18-2019, 03:24 PM.
                      It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                      Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                      When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post
                        ...but he likes to tell YOU the rules.
                        And he likes to pretend there are no rules.
                        Last edited by DeepEnd; 02-18-2019, 09:31 PM.
                        Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                        Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                        Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                        Member of the Schecter Society
                        Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Whatever you say, Boss.

Comment

• DeepEnd
                            DeepEnd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Now you've got it.

I do understand now that a religious thread needs to be taken to the Poltical froum. I didn't think this was religious thread PER SE, but I won't be starting any similar threads there, thank you.
                          Whilst I'm at it, I thought Purgatory and Limbo were the same thing, well they are not, thanks again- Alter Boy Balthazar
                          Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 02-18-2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• DeepEnd
                            DeepEnd commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't blame you. I avoid the Political Forum too.
                        Working...
                        X