X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn to code.

Just thought I’d throw that out there
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
    When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Whats the new language everybody likes again?

Comment

When I was in the USN, I started learning how to wave skivvies. Didn't follow through on it though.
      I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

I already know several languages and learning Python right now. Still, it's getting harder for this old man to compete w/ 100,000,000 Indians.
        Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
          I already know several languages and learning Python right now. Still, it's getting harder for this old man to compete w/ 100,000,000 Indians.
          They work cheaper too.

Me, I'm not code.
          I'm gonna play more guitar.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Just saying it could get you banned on Twitter

Like I care about Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
              I know two languages . . . English and Foul.
              Originally posted by MrKnobs
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

I know two languages . . . English and Foul.
                Good enough for America.

I took a class in BASIC, way back, Machine Assembly language and I started to learn HTML like 20 years ago and found out it was just easier to let others do it and do drop and drag web stuff.

Edited some G code stuff for a cnc machine we have and never made the best of. There's a lot of canned programs that I ended up using.

Comment

Learn Tuco de.
                  Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

I've taken a few coding classes. I'm always good at it, but I don't enjoy it.
                    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                    -- Theodore White

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post
                      I've taken a few coding classes. I'm always good at it, but I don't enjoy it.
                      I was pretty good as programming stuff, but I'm not into it.

Comment

Nobody'll buy this but I independently invented data compression on a Timex Sinclair. Substituted repeated instructions with single characters. Worked stupid good. Felt like a genius.
                        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

AI will be our master soon enough. Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1,013.5 KB
ID:	32475924

Comment

I was learning Morse code as a kid, but never really mastered it.

I did end up learning much of the old school stuff, ASSEMBLY, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, BASIC, etc.

I learned a bit of HTML when I worked for an online business. I also managed the firewall. My hide was tanned when the Chinese govt. hacked our site and put up "F U USA" on our splash page. I'm dabbling in cybersecurity at the place I'm at now. I have two internal certifications. It's the easy stuff though.
                            Originally posted by MrKnobs
                            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                              I was learning Morse code as a kid, but never really mastered it.

I did end up learning much of the old school stuff, ASSEMBLY, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, BASIC, etc.

I learned a bit of HTML when I worked for an online business. I also managed the firewall. My hide was tanned when the Chinese govt. hacked our site and put up "F U USA" on our splash page. I'm dabbling in cybersecurity at the place I'm at now. I have two internal certifications. It's the easy stuff though.
                              That be old school programming from the 70's.

Newer microcomputer stuff isArduino Uno and Raspberry Pi. I have worked with Arduino stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X