Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were fated to be in a bad accident....

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were fated to be in a bad accident....

...that would leave you either blind, deaf, or with amnesia that wiped away all your memories, which loss would be the worst?

There's too many good memories in my life to have them wiped away. This would be worse than blind or deaf. If I had to choose, deafness would be the better choice since I'm half deaf and have tinnitus.

Can't I just break a collarbone or somethin'
    I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

A broken heart.

Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Blindness would be the worst to me.

If I had my memory wiped, I could just start life over again . . . .and if someone came up to you saying you owed them money, you could honestly say "I have no recollection of borrowing money from you, sir, let alone even knowing who you are. Remove yourself from my presence."
        Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

What were we talking about?
          It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
          Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
          When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Can't we just go down from pure exhaustion like Jack Crabb in Little Big Man?

"I knew you were a good man." Those are the word very boy likes to hear.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

,,,,I would first....Avoid the accident. I don't wanna lose any of my sh%t.

Comment

Choice is obvious for me. I'd choose blindness.

I couldn't stand never being able to hear music again...simply could not stand it. No way.

My memories are who I am. Can't lose those.

So I'm blind. Someone would have to tell me "that shirt is blue." Big deal.

It's clear that the entire GOP is acting under the influence of Kompromat

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                - MXR

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

• Yakburger
                  Yakburger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also there’s been some great blind musicians.

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
                Choice is obvious for me. I'd choose blindness.

I couldn't stand never being able to hear music again...simply could not stand it. No way.

My memories are who I am. Can't lose those.

So I'm blind. Someone would have to tell me "that shirt is blue." Big deal.
                . .. . . . but you could never enjoy seeing a beautiful woman again.
                Originally posted by MrKnobs
                God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

I'd surrender the memories. It's never too late to start over and most are visual acquisitions, embellished by the aural, so starting over with the tools makes the most sense to me.

But, I suppose if you need to place some measure of value on memories, even though they are the culprits that imbued you with your negative outlook on life, the intolerance they refined in you, the reclusiveness that binds you to a singular cultural blueprint, the divisiveness that you subliminally champion, and the general vice-versa stigmatic cut of your character, then you have thought it over thoroughly and arrived at your choice to retain them.
                  - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

. .. . . . but you could never enjoy seeing a beautiful woman again.
                    I have my memories for that. Plus, as a bonus, my wife would always "look" as young to me as she did the day I lost my sight.

And as Marcy Lord/Oakland used to say..."In the dark, all women are beautiful."

I just couldn't live without music.

Ed phobes fathered my child, the child which is music within me, suckling on his talented teet. His new CD is the breast pump which collects his sweet, sweet boob milk for all the world. Bravo Ed, Bravo!
                    - MXR

Comment

I have my memories for that. Plus, as a bonus, my wife would always "look" as young to me as she did the day I lost my sight.

And as Marcy Lord/Oakland used to say..."In the dark, all women are beautiful."

I just couldn't live without music.
                      Yeah, but he's an a$$h0le.

trut so pure
                      Last edited by Danocoustic; 01-12-2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post

Yeah, but he's an a$$h0le.

trut so pure
                        His comments here when Melody (? - your dog) died were pretty bad. I think he trolled me really bad (with a different moniker) when I first got here and started a CyberJam.

Haven' heard from him in a ling long time.

(I almost corrected "ling long" but decided I like the way it sounds).

- MXR

Comment

His comments here when Melody (? - your dog) died were pretty bad. I think he trolled me really bad (with a different moniker) when I first got here and started a CyberJam.

Haven' heard from him in a ling long time.

(I almost corrected "ling long" but decided I like the way it sounds).
                          Yes...Melody (RIP).

Ling long is strangely appropriate.

Comment

I would have to go with blind...and hoping for self-driving cars so I'm not at the mercy of my bandmates to get to and from gigs. I have worked with several blind musicians over the decades, and nearly all put me to shame with their ability to hear. I have high frequency hearing loss [can't hear them dog whistles anymore] and mild tinnitus from years standing in front of a Marshall SL100 in my youth, but if I couldn't hear music, or laughter, or children's voices...I may as well be dead.
                            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
                            X