No announcement yet.

Chalk one up for me at work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chalk one up for me at work

I don't want to say too much, but I had what was supposed to be a huge meeting yesterday at 4pm, it actually was today at 11am. More email workplace confusion.

I've been trying to remain calm and cool. But it's about job performance, which is outstanding until some got a chip on their shoulders a few years ago.

They really were overloading me with BS work, and it was in good nature to please. For the past year, they have put some put some crazy demand on me, wrote me up for everything.

I walked into the meeting ready for a fight, but still needed to remain calm. My rep broke out my job description contract, and all the bs work I have been doing, was null in void. They have been trying to get me to walk for almost a year. The big meeting was called in less than 15 minutes.
    The HR person is a real suck ass ( I realized a long time ago, I don't sign her paycheck), and my boss is even worse. A big argument broke out, between the rep, HR and my boss and I just sat back watched it all unfold.

My work rep, finally got her act together.

I'm not sure, but another meeting was suggested, while they were going at it. I'm not sure if there will even be another meeting.

I have been amazingly helpful to just about everyone I work with and a model employee, for 2 decades.

I had retirement papers ready to go in case, things went south. I also have way more option than retiring today. I have almost 20 years in the State Pension system, and over a year of sick time still on the books, plus vacation time and a week of personal time.

Back in the spring I stopped listening to me, and started listening to others including my social worker, who I was hooked up with to reduce stress my stress level.

I'll be back to doing what I do best, as a support system for student learning and not analyzing crap off a computer all day. I was working on labs that one could never done, as they were f-ed up beyond belief. I had others take a look at em too. They can't just pass down there workload to me. I am great at the running equipment and that's not even my job.

I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, as this was just one day. Hopefully, there will be plenty more ahead. The folks that hired me, are now gone. I do realize technology changes and jobs change a bit over time.

I have had 17 years of nice work reviews.

I also had an appointment to see my social worker today. She has been a godsend to helping me remain cool. Kathy her name is, she's the one that got me into hospital day program and on some medication. The truth is I am highly intelligent ( so the MD's say), articulate, and rather calm and mellow. As much as you would like to tell some people at work to go !@#$ themselves, you can do that. The whole thing is board lining on harassment and workplace bullying. You can't just punch coworkers upside the head.

I would also like to thank all of you folks here, who have listened to me from time to time. Your internet friendship means a lot to me.

I'm sure the war is not over yet, but today was a nice victory battle, which has been almost a year.

The good part of this is at the hospital day program was, I was signed off for an FMLA, which mean I can take time off anytime I need too. Pays the same as working, and I have 60 weeks of sick time on the books. I can take 12 weeks off at a clip. More if I need it.

I have one more meeting with my social worker Kathy, maybe two, as she herself is unsure if her job will last past November. She has contacted a psychiatrist, to help me continue and stay on the right path.

Thanks again for reading and listening.

Your friend and partner in crime,

Michael

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Mike, I'm only getting your side of the story here---but having known you for a while now and considering myself a fairly shrewd judge of character, I believe you. You have handled this situation way better than I likely would have.

Not much I can do except tell you I'm pulling for you, ol' buddy, and any time you want to vent, I'll listen.

Hang in there

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post
      Mike, I'm only getting your side of the story here---but having known you for a while now and considering myself a fairly shrewd judge of character, I believe you. You have handled this situation way better than I likely would have.

Not much I can do except tell you I'm pulling for you, ol' buddy, and any time you want to vent, I'll listen.

Hang in there
      Believe me, it's been very difficult, the construction worker in me what to come out many times. Everyone I have spoken to said just to hang in there.

So I did.

I know this may not be over yet. I would like very much to get another year in the pension system, not that my retirement $$$ will be awesome at age 57, but it will be an extra 3 grand. I am currently 56, and the one more year gets me, one more year on my age and one more year on my years of service.

Thnaks Dan.

Comment

You're one of the nicest dudes I ever "met". Really man. Good luck and fight the good fight.
        Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Wut goojahooie sed

Comment

Hi Mikeo, well... right on and everything I guess

Comment

Sounds like things are on the upswing there. I hope it continues to go in your favor and you're happy with the results.

Some companies / organizations are smart and others are not. A lot of what you've described in the past paints a picture of a hostile work environment. Smart companies would be reacting to a lot of what has gone on at your place. They would be monitoring closely and taking remedial action when necessary.

There's a situation going on at my clent company where a director is clearly being hostile and abusing people. It doesn't happen often, maybe twice a year, but when it does, it's pretty bad. I was on the receiving end of it back in the spring. Another director who witnessed one of the incidents escalated it to HR. They, in turn, launched an investigation, where many of us were interviewed and gave our accounts of the interactions. I didn't expect anything to happen as a result . They just spoke to the director and told her to knock it off.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, she goes back into attack mode on another project manager working on one of her projects. She proceeded to berate this young woman in a meeting full of people. I wasn't there, but was told it was so bad, the project manager was reduced to tears. There was also another occurence where she did this same thing to the project manager a few days later. This project manager used to work for me and I can say she's a top shelf contract worker, highly dedicated, and not deserving of this sort of treatment.

So, again, another investigation was launched and the director was summoned from Europe to have a meeting with HR on this whole issue of her behavior. I don't know the outcome, but the company needs to get serious about protecting workers, as well as limiting it's exposure to legal liability. Clearly, there has been a history over a number of years where this director does this, gets her hand slapped, and it all goes away.

There will come a point, where the dam breaks, and her actions results in someone filing a lawsuit against the company. There's a long history and pattern of abuse that the company has not rectified, regardless of their attempts to do so. Even a half assed attorney would take that and run with it.
              Originally posted by MrKnobs
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

There was a case at work of one woman that worked in another department. The f!@ked her up so badly, she ended up leaving due to stress.

I heard she gets her full paycheck not to go to work.

In another department, Another guy just settled for 280,000.

The place has gone to hell in a handbasket over the past 10 years.

I don't know what give. I really didn't notice it, until the past few years. My rep said that because you were not the target.

Comment

Mikeo, let me tell you a short tale about "here". My oldest really and actually does work at a machine shop running a very large horizontal turret lathe thing, 7 days 18 hours He gets metal chip burns, every day. Hasn't stopped him, yet. He is there, now.
                  no he isn't, he just returned, right now, from there.
                  Last edited by crustoleum; 10-06-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crustoleum View Post
                    Mikeo, let me tell you a short tale about "here". My oldest really and actually does work at a machine shop running a very large horizontal turret lathe thing, 7 days 18 hours He gets metal chip burns, every day. Hasn't stopped him, yet. He is there, now.
                    no he isn't, he just returned, right now, from there.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	32359859

Buy any new cool gear these days.
                    I have a few things on my I should owe list.

Comment

Keep records. I wore a cassette recording device once when I was getting screwed over. I think he suspected something was up and was careful about what he said. Trust nobody. Living well is the best revenge. Give them enough rope they'll hang themselves. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
                      https://media.giphy.com/media/FefeclRDem7II/giphy.gif

I has a new signiture gif bitches

Comment

I'm on your side Mikeo...Hope things roll out your way. You're one of the nicest Kats I've ever met on da Net.

Comment

Originally posted by spacecommando View Post
                          Keep records. I wore a cassette recording device once when I was getting screwed over. I think he suspected something was up and was careful about what he said. Trust nobody. Living well is the best revenge. Give them enough rope they'll hang themselves. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
                          Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	32359859

Buy any new cool gear these days.
                            I have a few things on my I should owe list.
                            I obtained a plastic "piccolo recorder". It is very annoying, and I like it, a lot, actually Key of G

Comment

I found it, on the sidewalk, on one of my excursions to the local, Saturday afternoon meal at the Methodist church place "here", recently, actually. I believe a child might have thrown it away but, it is in perfect condition. and annoying too.

Comment

Working...
                              X