Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jury person

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jury person

    So important to so much

  • #2
    I got called twice and was dismissed.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	32348730
    _____________________________________
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

    Join Date: Aug 2001
    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

    Comment


    • #3
      I generally get the call every two years. I always report, I never get chosen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
        I generally get the call every two years. I always report, I never get chosen.
        I hear ya.

        Now you call in to see if you even need to show up.

        When I was a kid my dad was on jury duty, for a whole month.

        I have heard of some folks getting selected for jury duty on cases an hour and a half away from their house.



        _____________________________________
        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

        Join Date: Aug 2001
        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

        Comment


        • #5
          I get a doc's note. So I don't have to go. It would be unfair to a defendant to have the trial screwed up because a juror had a medical situation that halted everything until they were replaced.
          Originally posted by MrKnobs
          God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

          Comment


          • #6
            That reminds me. Gotta mail in my survey.
            Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...








            Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

            Comment


            • #7
              I´ve been seated on a few juries. It´s not a big deal.
              Hail Homer! Blessed is he among men and blessed is the fruit of his loins Bart.

              Comment


              • #8
                Me and Cinny both got jury duty notices in the last year.

                Both times I called them to tell them we have medical reasons to be excluded.

                Both times they refused to acknowledge that and told us to report anyway.

                Both times I told them to go piss up a rope and take me to court over it. Issue a warrant. Run what ya got. BRANG IT.

                Haven't heard anything yet.
                I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Grand Jury juror on a federal case. Monitored by a panel of judges as witnesses are questioned by a federal prosecutor, the jurors are allowed and encouraged to question the witnesses if they feel the need to clarify answers given to the prosecutor's questions. I was also a witness in a grand jury and questioned by the jurors. Some of the jurors proved themselves to be of a lower wattage than their vetting initially established them to be. In that instance the federal prosecutor and judges intervened between the jurors and witnesses when the jurors were running afoul of them and the process. As a witness I could not believe the saucer-depth intellect of some of the jurors and thought that the system of "judgement by peers" was absolutely not at work on the defendant's behalf.
                  - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

                  Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

                  Comment


                  • isaac42
                    isaac42 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    As a witness?

                • #10
                  2 summers ago I had my first jury duty.

                  Mariposa's courthouse is the oldest one west of the Mississippi that has been in
                  continuous use, so it was cool to sit in the same chairs the old 49s sat in while
                  they decided whether to hang 'em or not.
                  It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                  Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                  When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post
                    Me and Cinny both got jury duty notices in the last year.

                    Both times I called them to tell them we have medical reasons to be excluded.

                    Both times they refused to acknowledge that and told us to report anyway.

                    Both times I told them to go piss up a rope and take me to court over it. Issue a warrant. Run what ya got. BRANG IT.

                    Haven't heard anything yet.
                    It's easy to get out of jury duty.
                    Just say that if the cops thought they had enough evidence to
                    arrest someone, they were probably guilty.
                    Even if you don't really think that, they won't call you, because you
                    are obviously a prejudiced ignoramus.
                    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                    When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by tuco View Post

                      It's easy to get out of jury duty.
                      Just say that if the cops thought they had enough evidence to
                      arrest someone, they were probably guilty.
                      Even if you don't really think that, they won't call you, because you
                      are obviously a prejudiced ignoramus.
                      To do that, we gotta show up at the courthouse.

                      I can't be arsed (as the eurosissyfags say).

                      And quit calling me names or I'll report you toadcue
                      I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post

                        To do that, we gotta show up at the courthouse.

                        I can't be arsed (as the eurosissyfags say).

                        And quit calling me names or I'll report you toadcue
                        When they sent out the notice, you can send it back saying why you can't serve.
                        I did that for years when I just couldn't miss work, and it always worked.
                        I didn't this last time, because I wasn't working anymore anyway, so I really had no excuse
                        NOT to serve, and I was bored.
                        My best fried's brother was a DA and told me that was a surefire way to get out of jury duty,
                        and it worked every time I did it.
                        It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                        When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Got called to a murder case, talked my way out of it. Got called for state grand jury duty. I served on that one. Twice a week for 3 months. One guy, a truck driver, said he was near bankruptcy because of it. I didn't care about serving because my company paid my time as if I was working, so it all worked out fine. We heard all sorts of crazy $hit. People are just stupid, real stupid.
                          Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
                            Got called to a murder case, talked my way out of it. Got called for state grand jury duty. I served on that one. Twice a week for 3 months. One guy, a truck driver, said he was near bankruptcy because of it. I didn't care about serving because my company paid my time as if I was working, so it all worked out fine. We heard all sorts of crazy $hit. People are just stupid, real stupid.
                            My dad said the same thing.
                            _____________________________________
                            Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

                            Join Date: Aug 2001
                            Location: N. Adams, MA USA
                            Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X