Clear All

• Bands you can never see again

Motorhead
    Plasmatics
    Beatles
    Dead or Alive
    Mötley Crue
    Dave Clark 5
    Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 08-11-2018, 08:51 AM.
    Originally posted by MrKnobs
    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

I saw Motorhead and The Plasmatics before it was too late.

But a wish is a shot in the dark
    When your coin's down the well

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

I also saw The Ramones in 1979.
      But a wish is a shot in the dark
      When your coin's down the well

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

I try not to go out and see oldies acts
        Blondie played in town last week.

I bet if I could have carded everyone there to look at there drivers license, I would have found there AAPR card

I saw Roy Orbison not long before he died. Roy was old school and played and hour. People were like the show is all over, I told em that's all they played back in the 60's.

Saw Mavis Staples again last year, she played for like an hour and 15 minutes.Yeah the show went buy quickly, and she fulfilled her contract plus.

She's almost 80 years old, s!@t give her a break.

If I'm around at 80 ,gawd give me the health and strength to play an hour long show.
        If this is your things, she's really that good.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

What's worse is seeing bands that still carry the name but are no where near their original line ups.
          Lynyrd Skynyrd
          Beach Boys

Comment

Humble Pie
            Vanilla Fudge
            Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
              What's worse is seeing bands that still carry the name but are no where near their original line ups.
              Lynyrd Skynyrd
              Beach Boys
              Skynyrd needs to throw in the towel. What, two guys left in the band? One of my bros was bugging me to see LS. I said why, the band doesn't really exist anymore. It's pretty much a band that just does LS covers. I could go to a local bar to hear the same music for a fraction of the price. OR just put one of my old bands back together that covered LS and Id get paid to listen to the music.
              Last edited by Cornholio Farquarth III; 08-11-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
                Lynyrd Skynyrd
                Beach Boys
                I hear ya.

Maybe the NKOTB

I saw Quiet Riot open up for Loverboy when Mike Reno fight in his red leather pants. OR has no members left of the original line up. I bet Fog Hat still tours. Remember who the drummer is for FOGHAT? Most don't either. Rod Price died in the same town a old gf lived in Ever been to Wilton you'll miss it if you blink. There was a shop there I grab string from on the way through.

I took a date, she had to see them, the girls we screaming so loud you could even hear the band. I have a ringing in my eye of 3 days.

She goes are you ears ringing to, I was huh, no I'm deaf.

We saw Peter Frampton at a small cub, It was like sitting in your living room. She turns to me, now this is the way to see a concert.

Comment

Argent
                  Herman's Hermits

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

Skynyrd needs to throw in the towel. What, two guys left in the band? One of my bros was bugging me to see LS. I said why, the band doesn't really exist anymore. It's pretty much a band that just does LS covers. I could go to a local bar to hear the same music for a fraction of the price. OR just put one of my old bands back together that covered LS and Id get paid to listen to the music.
                    Damn right you could, some old geezer Friday or Saturday band is keeping the spirit alive. Probably using cheap modeling amps too, cause they are light.

I bet there's a LIne 6 in any LS cover band.

I was't a head and cab guy, I played mostly out of combo amps (Fender Mesa mostly), but when was the last time you saw a head and 4x10 cabinet on stage at a bar.

You can count in dog years if you run of of fingers.
                    I have a but of a hearing issue in my left ear, it's not the concerts I saw, but I love the right side of the stage, you get a good look a good view of everything and what folks in the band are doing.
                    The only problem is it's just left of the crash cymbal. I can't tell you the number of drummer I played with pounded on there kit, without control. The crash just rang in my head for like 5 minutes. By the time you say something it's to late. The worst thing about most drums is, that they never practice with a metronome, some they wobble around the beat, like a local drunk on main street. I had one local guy come over. I said Ian, do what you can, I'm not sure how many rolls he tried to do in the fist song, but I wouldn't had to work a day longer if I counted the rolls and fill and got paid a dollar each for them. I'm like, Ian I can use that.

He was like, it sounds good through the headphones. Ian I just tuned and mic up the kit.

Take 20

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

One guy is left in LS. Gary Rossington. Wasn't even the best guy, for my money. I was an Ed King fan.
                      Saw LS, the originals, in a concert in Houston, where they opened...And now I forget the sequence...If it was Marshall Tucker that opened for them, or them that opened for Marshall Tucker...At any rate...They both opened for Joe Walsh and Barnstorm.

I DO remember that the curtains flew back for LS and they had a GIANT Confederate Battle Flag behind the stage. Of course, that went over pretty good down here at the time...Now it would be a whole hate thing. They tore the roof off the place...Incredible energy level. Tucker too..The energy thing..

Walsh was terrible. His band was holding the fort down for at least 15 minutes before Joe even came onstage, and he spent more time dicking with his amps than he did playing...His whole set was maybe 40 minutes long. Disappointing. Still love 'Ol Joe though. He had two good albums after James Gang. And his live shows have been good since he got sober.

Well...He had a couple of good years with The Eagles too.

I haven't really dug anything the Eagles did since Don Felder left/got fired. I thought they mailed in "The Long Run". Nothing after that even mattered. That album cemented my disinterest in that band. I thought Frye had a couple of good albums, Henley too....But just their first two solo jumps....Henleys more even...If formulamatic. But Kootch probably had more to do with that.

Last edited by AlamoJoe; 08-11-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=AlamoJoe;n32295711]

Walsh was terrible. His band was holding the fort down for at least 15 minutes before Joe even came onstage, and he spent more time dicking with his amps than he did playing...His whole set was maybe 40 minutes long. Disappointing.......

Probably the Carvin amps.

It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
                        Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
                        When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

Comment

Dead

Comment

Nelson Wibury
                            Lefty Wilbury
                            Charles T. Jr. Wilbury

Dead

No tour, no travelin.

It was the end of the line I guess.

Comment

Vanilla Fudge
                              Carmen

Comment

Working...
                              X