Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yer budge it for a pare of good sneakers?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yer budge it for a pare of good sneakers?

heres a new Nike model in my particular size. At 620 bucks, I'd have to be plum loco to buy this tho.;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Ma...+1+parra&rt=nc

For that price, I could buy 5 pairs of these Floresheims..not exactly tennies, but something I'd prefer to ware on a daily basis;

Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 07-26-2018, 05:49 PM.

Six hundred dollars for a pair of sneakers?

I'd rather spend $50 - $100 on the shoes and use the remaining $500 - $550 for music gear. YMMV.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I think I paid somewhere around 130-150 Canuckbucks for my last pair of sneakers.

Comment

I have not bought Nike sneakers in decades. When I used to run I ran in New Blance sneaks.

Crazy, but some folks are willing to spring cash like that on some kicks.

If I need sneakers that are a bit more rugged, I have a pair of Merell low hiking shoes.

My wife thinks I'm a shoe nut case, as I have a lot of shoes. A bunch of Tony Lama boots, a few old UK made Doc Martens, from back in the day. Leather soles around here are lighter, but don't hold up to the rain and snow. There's one cobbler in the area that can keep what I need going.

Most days I wear a couple of pairs of Sketcher oxford to work. I toss em out at the binging of every fall semester and start fresh, 60 bucks

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Originally posted by Dinkleberg View Post
          I think I paid somewhere around 130-150 Canuckbucks for my last pair of sneakers.
          So that's like $12.75 American?
          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
          -- Theodore White

Comment

I have never spent more than fifty dollars for a pair of sneakers.

Comment

Originally posted by isaac42 View Post

So that's like $12.75 American?
              Dunno.

I try not to concern myself with such trivialities.

Comment

My last pair of sneaks was $120. Brooks. I wear them to the gym. My feet are hard to fit, 11E to 11.5E. I bought a pair of dress Ecco shoes at Nordstrom's for $275 last year. They're fantastic. Fit and feel great. Most I ever spent. I wear them mostly for work or out to dinner. I have 2 pair of Cole Hahn loafers that are all leather and feel like slippers. My fav pairs of shoes. I have a bunch of other stuff too. Merrill hikers, Sorrell winter boots. A pair of Chuck Taylor hi tops. Cool stuff.
                Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

Originally posted by hammergjh View Post
                  My last pair of sneaks was $120. Brooks. I wear them to the gym. My feet are hard to fit, 11E to 11.5E. I bought a pair of dress Ecco shoes at Nordstrom's for $275 last year. They're fantastic. Fit and feel great. Most I ever spent. I wear them mostly for work or out to dinner. I have 2 pair of Cole Hahn loafers that are all leather and feel like slippers. My fav pairs of shoes. I have a bunch of other stuff too. Merrill hikers, Sorrell winter boots. A pair of Chuck Taylor hi tops. Cool stuff.
                  My grandfather was in shoe manufacturing for 40 plus years. He made shoes that probably cost 100 bucks in 1950. Good stuff.

The wood building is long gone now the brick building is an insurance company.
                  He went there to help out in 1930 at the beginning of the depression and stayed to the doors closed in like 1974.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1801296.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	32285215

I was looking at loafers the other day online and was thinking about Rockport stuff. Just because it had a rubber sole. IDK. Never owned a pair of Rockport shoes, but I have heard decent things about them.

https://www.shoes.com/rockport-moder...-_-none-_-none

2-3 winters ago I was shoveling and snow blowing and feet were a touch cold. I bought a pair of farm Muckers.
                  Best pair of snowshoes I have ever had. I also have a Carhartt artic jacket and artic bibs. 20 below and I sweat in the thing. I think they are made for working in Alaska. I have the hood that attaches to the jacket too. I wore it once or twice during a blizzard.

I actually like Carhartt stuff.

Name:	asp-000a-bl-050.jpg
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	32285216

Comment

I really like 'Sketchers' too also. A great mid range price pair that always fit to size and feel and wear fine, and real durable. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing a pair at this very instant.
                    Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 07-26-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
                      I really like 'Sketchers' too also. A great mid range price pair that always fit to size and feel and wear fine, and real durable. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing a pair at this very instant.
                      I wear mine a lot, durable is right. It's a decent everyday, casual shoes. I'm do for a new pair of black ones.

I get one called the Alley Cat or Tom Cat. I forget which ones they are.

Laugh if you must, but I live in Crocs in the house. Modern day slippers.

Name:	10001_001_ALT100?&fmt=jpeg&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0&printRes=72&wid=440&hei=365.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	32285224

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

Laugh if you must, but I live in Crocs in the house. Modern day slippers.

Name:	10001_001_ALT100?&fmt=jpeg&qlt=85,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,6,0&iccEmbed=0&printRes=72&wid=440&hei=365.jpg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	32285224

Comment

I can't bring myself to have positive thoughts about anything called Sketchers. They just sound sketchy to me.
                          "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                          -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                          -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                          -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                          -- Theodore White

Comment

I just get the 29.95 sneakers at Walmart for the gym. They do the job and will last a long time for that purpose.
                            Originally posted by MrKnobs
                            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                              I just get the 29.95 sneakers at Walmart for the gym. They do the job and will last a long time for that purpose.
                              My wife does the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X