Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess my GAS is in remission

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I guess my GAS is in remission

    I did buy the Martin Classical Backpacker guitar and Audio Technica ATH-M50x last Fall and I have used both of those almost everyday since I got them. So that's a good thing.

    But I have bought a lot of expensive gear at times, a lot more expensive than those 2 items... and let it just sit there. Which doesn't make sense.

    I just don't believe in collecting things, any things just for the helluva it unless they are getting use. In fact I would call myself a minimalist in many ways.
    Last edited by Anagram; 05-11-2018, 08:38 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Anagram View Post
    I did buy the Martin Classical Backpacker guitar and Audio Technica ATH-M50x last Fall and I have used both of those almost everyday since I got them. So that's a good thing.

    But I have bought a lot of expensive gear at times, a lot more expensive than those 2 items... and let it just sit there. Which doesn't make sense.

    I just don't believe in collecting things, any things just for the helluva it unless they are getting use. In fact I would call myself a minimalist in many ways.

    Me, I'm far from a minimalist.

    The backpacker is what it is it, handy when backpacking.

    I guess I have a few decent guitars, but that I play a lot is a Taylor GS mini Mahogany, with no electronics in it. It's just a handy lil f!@ker to have to hanging around the house. It's kind of a been my grab and play acoustic for a while.

    I was messing with it this morning, before I had to go to work.

    For some reason, I had a lot of anxiety this morning. I don't take any medication for it, but this is something new in the past 6 months. Work and the people I work with have turned this place from the most fun job ever to a living hell.

    Then I got to work and I found out a co work that had cancer passed last night. He had been here forever and was 70 years old. He tried to retire, but they kept calling him back, and I think actually having something to do, did him good.

    It's been a weird week.

    Oh, I have a Koa GS Mini too, it sounds even nicer, and has the original ES 2 pick up system in it. I had the guy open up like 6 boxes to get me a koa gs mini that I liked the best. Some of the koa is weird and not in a good way. Then again some of it's just stunning looking.

    _____________________________________
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

    Join Date: Aug 2001
    Location: N. Adams, MA USA
    Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mikeo View Post


      Me, I'm far from a minimalist.

      The backpacker is what it is it, handy when backpacking.

      I guess I have a few decent guitars, but that I play a lot is a Taylor GS mini Mahogany, with no electronics in it. It's just a handy lil f!@ker to have to hanging around the house. It's kind of a been my grab and play acoustic for a while.

      I was messing with it this morning, before I had to go to work.

      For some reason, I had a lot of anxiety this morning. I don't take any medication for it, but this is something new in the past 6 months. Work and the people I work with have turned this place from the most fun job ever to a living hell.

      Then I got to work and I found out a co work that had cancer passed last night. He had been here forever and was 70 years old. He tried to retire, but they kept calling him back, and I think actually having something to do, did him good.

      It's been a weird week.

      Oh, I have a Koa GS Mini too, it sounds even nicer, and has the original ES 2 pick up system in it. I had the guy open up like 6 boxes to get me a koa gs mini that I liked the best. Some of the koa is weird and not in a good way. Then again some of it's just stunning looking.
      Oh wow, tough week. I'd like to try a GS mini.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Anagram View Post

        Oh wow, tough week. I'd like to try a GS mini.
        They are nice and handy.

        My mahogany one was purchased when the GS mini's first came out. I tried the spruce top ones to and kinda liked the bark of the mahogany better.

        Back then all you had for a pickup option was the ES-Go pick up and to me, it didn't sound good. It's easy to install, but that sound is not that pleasing.

        A few years ago, I grabbed a Koa, when the pick up system was nicer than the one they install now on the GS mini's.

        They are worth trying.

        They have a walnut GS mini with pick up for about 599. The travel bag is handy.

        I was thinking about a SBK case fro the GS mini.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	sku_view_image.php?id=822&role=image_alt_2.png
Views:	1
Size:	609.1 KB
ID:	32226842
        _____________________________________
        Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.

        Join Date: Aug 2001
        Location: N. Adams, MA USA
        Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

        Comment

        Working...
        X