No announcement yet.

As is always thought, seeds are not the heat in chilli

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As is always thought, seeds are not the heat in chilli

It's the flesh around the seeds. Capsasin reacts with mouth sensors that sends warnings to the brain that the mouth is on fire. Brain pain centers release natural opoids and endorphins. There is a high from the heat. How cool is that?

Water will not release the Capsaisin from their attachment to your mouth sensors. That's why drinking water doesn't help.

Milk, however, will release them. So if it's too spicy, have that.
    Please send me evenings and weekends

Ed Phobes has taken music to a place where it has never been before, and will never go again. In my life, I have heard great music, and I have heard terrible music. Now I have heard this. Thank you. – sydfan

https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

The tannins in tea will neutralize the capsaisin

Comment

I hate chilis. Even too much black pepper ruins flavor. Capsaicin though is a killer topical muscle de-ache r.
        Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sambal-Oelek-chilli-paste-203x300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	32177816Love, love, LOVE hot food. I cook with chiles, chili sauces both mex and chinese.Click image for larger version

Name:	348bcada-ad4e-4503-9eb8-18ecb5fb2759_1.864292e079ef81fcf8541769ebf3a57a.jpg
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	32177814Click image for larger version

Name:	00633-orchids-hot-chili-oil-xl.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	32177815
          Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

gimme the scotch bonnets and ghost peppers! I like to make hot chili pepper marinade for baby back ribs...feel the burn!

Just keep a White Russian handy...even if it doesn't stop the capsaicin, you won't care after two or three
            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

I'm not nearly as much of a chilihead as I used to be. Partly because my wife doesn't like spicy food nearly as much as she used to, nor does she likt it as spicy. On top of that, I have something called geographic tongue. It hurts at a much lower spice level than I used to enjoy, and the spice aggravates the condition.
              "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
              -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
              -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
              -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
              -- Theodore White

Comment

I'm hispanic. They put hot suace in my baby bottle . I have a cast iron stomach, and if i eat a meal that does not make me sweat profusely with pepper suace then i consider it bland

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
                  I'm hispanic. They put hot suace in my baby bottle . I have a cast iron stomach, and if i eat a meal that does not make me sweat profusely with pepper suace then i consider it bland

Your momma done did it right, 4 sure.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

I like hot, but it has to have flavor. Not just hot for the sake of hot.
                    Originally posted by MrKnobs
                    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Balthazar Munoz View Post
                      I'd have never guessed you were Hispanic from your name. Always thought you were Croatian.

Comment

Working...
                      X