Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dad, my 2 uncles and my aunt all died from cancer when they were younger than I am now, 62

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad, my 2 uncles and my aunt all died from cancer when they were younger than I am now, 62

That's been an eye opener for me and I have explored and used some health options that they didn't, but...

Did you know?

The odds of dying from heart disease or cancer quadruple after you are 60 years old.

There's a definite line there statistically which may or may not be valid with your situation but something to consider.

I hear what you are saying.

However, as we get older the odds from dying from something goes up.

​​​​​​We all may not be as fortunate say John Entwistle in our passing and who is by our bedside.

John was 57 when he died. I'm gonna be 56 this month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	08081018401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	32173620

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

Who wants to live forever in this f**ked up world, rich people I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
        Who wants to live forever in this f**ked up world, rich people I suppose.
        I expect to change the world around me when I die rich and happy at 144 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post

I expect to change the world around me when I die rich and happy at 144 years old.
          I'm not sure how pretty the age of 144 years old looks in the future, but we need to work on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post

It really is too bad that we all die so young just think what Mozart and Einstein could have accomplished if they were both still alive.

Comment

We all die. Some sooner and others later. We can't look at someone our age that died and say "Whew, I dodged that one. Glad that wasn't ME!". We dodge nothing, and will ALL have our turn.
              Originally posted by MrKnobs
              God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post

I'm not sure how pretty the age of 144 years old looks in the future, but we need to work on that.
                I guess we'll see, I mean I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                  We all die. Some sooner and others later. We can't look at someone our age that died and say "Whew, I dodged that one. Glad that wasn't ME!". We dodge nothing, and will ALL have our turn.
                  It's all so pointless man!

Comment

Anyone who has family that lived into their 90s can tell you that 144 ain't no bargain.
                    We are not ready for that.
                    Cancer, heart disease, Alzheimers, diabetes, COPD....the warranty runs out, and then you spend decades trying to fend off that grim finality...the things you love and need conspire against you...air, water, food, booze...all present their own perils.
                    The real secret is to try to make everyday worthwhile in some way. Then, when the last day comes, you can look back and reflect [however briefly] on a life well spent.
                    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                      Anyone who has family that lived into their 90s can tell you that 144 ain't no bargain.
                      We are not ready for that.
                      Cancer, heart disease, Alzheimers, diabetes, COPD....the warranty runs out, and then you spend decades trying to fend off that grim finality...the things you love and need conspire against you...air, water, food, booze...all present their own perils.
                      The real secret is to try to make everyday worthwhile in some way. Then, when the last day comes, you can look back and reflect [however briefly] on a life well spent.

My grand mother had 2 sisters that spend over a decade in an Alzheimer's care. Living into you 90's ain't all that and a bag of chips.

Comment

• daddymack
                        daddymack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tell me! My Mother and Aunt passed away from Alzheimer's in the same year[2016]. My father, now 93, is showing some of the warning signs...as his caregiver, I'm really not happy about this prospect. For all its wonders, what we call medical science is still in its infancy and frankly, despite their protestations to the contrary, we are all their guinea pigs. If I ever find myself going into Alz country, I hope I can remember how to screw up 'cleaning' my handguns.

A friend I'd grown up with died at 30 from a heart attack. A college friend died of leukemia in his mid 20's. Unfortunately, it happens. My family history says I'll live at least another 10 years or more, into my 70's, but there are no guarantees.
                      Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                      Member of the Schecter Society
                      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Living to be 144, all that would be left was a head floating in a tank of fluids. So have fun with that.
                        Originally posted by MrKnobs
                        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post
                        Living to be 144, all that would be left was a head floating in a tank of fluids. So have fun with that.
                        You don't know me! I have great skin and really long telomeres.

Comment

Most terminal illnesses are blood related, ...nearly 100%.
                          The bible says that "Life is in the blood", and this is true.
                          The fact is, if your blood is bad, your health is terrible.
                          So, what does this tell you?.......

Its kinda like this......your blood is like a garden, and it grows stuff.
                          Cancer for example.
                          And how does this happen?....its because your garden (blood) is being filled with toxins and over time it becomes a toxic state flowing through your veins, and you then are told...."cancer, lupus, ..... disease..
                          Follow me?
                          So, do yourself a favor and view your blood as your LIFE, and treat your blood with respect.
                          This means, lots of water, and i suggest that you never again use water from the tap unless you are washing your car with it.
                          If you are going to use it, then get a good filter, and spend the money, as you are not buying a filter, you are preventing a health issue.
                          So, can you spend money on your health and it ever be a waste of money?
                          Not quite.

SO.....
                          This means dial back the red meat, and the processed meat, and the refined sugar candies and anything that is WHITE, and avoid the trash of the sea like shrimp and anything that lives on the bottom where all they eat is the toxic waste that ends up on the bottom of the pond, lake, river, Gulf, or Ocean.

Do you smoke?
                          Stop.
                          Never look back.
                          A ciggie is a cancer stick,....it is a nail you are driving in your coffin every time you light one up.
                          Here is what you do........if you are a smoker.......The one you light up after u have read what i just wrote, you look at it and say..."im killing myself with this, im killing myself with this, im killing myself with this".
                          Get the picture?.....Take a good look.

And for the braindead who would reply..."well, my dad smoked, my mom smoked, and something has to kill you, so, i will smoke".
                          Then be a man or woman, grow some courage, and go to all the hospitals in your city, and to go the ONCOLOGY floor, (Cancer), about 8pm,....(Open 7 nights a week, anytime).....and just walk the halls and listen to all the smokers, who are dying, ....begging for Morphine, begging to die.
                          Try that, macho boy.......go and listen to the smokers, who are dying, but slowly, and can't stop it, and are begging to die, because of the PAIN....PAIN....PAIN.....
                          One has their jaw removed, the next has no tongue, and one lung...the next cant have surgery, as the "cancer has spread", and the next has "lungs filled with tumors, and its inoperable", and all of them were SMOKERS.
                          Got it?
                          Make sure u get it........before you die from it !

Do you drink?......alcohol? ...then get rid of the hard stuff and have wine occasionally.
                          See, everything you put on your skin, or snort, or drink, or eat, ends up in your blood, and pollutes it.
                          This is why God gave you a LIVER....the LIVER is designed to get rid of the trash that you are putting in your blood via your bad habits and your diet.
                          Prob is, the blood is a garden, and stuff grows there, even when the liver is doing its best to not let that happen to you.

So, and finally.....
                          Think of your body and ONE BIG FILTER.....ITS ALWAYS FILTERING OUT WHAT IS BAD FOR IT THAT YOU KEEP SHOVING IN THERE.
                          So, eventually, if you keep shoving, then something grows in your blood, that manifests as a disease, and once you are there, you are going to suffer.

What is the best medicine?
                          Preventive.
                          Prevent bad health, by not creating your blood supply to be a toxic waste dump.
                          Last edited by AP_Lives; 03-01-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X