Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the fastest you've been written up for speeding?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the fastest you've been written up for speeding?

I was going 90+mph in my '73 240Z, and the CHP cut me some slack and wrote me up for 80, since 90mph
    they are supposed to arrest you for reckless driving, and he didn't feel like arresting me that day.
    It's not a lie if you believe it~ Art Vandalay
    Free your mind, and your ass will follow~G. Clinton
    When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger~Confucius

I was written up for doing 70 in a 50MPH zone. I was doing around 90 and the cop wrote "accelerated away at 80+" on my ticket.
    Hail Homer! Blessed is he among men and blessed is the fruit of his loins Bart.

Comment

It's been decades since I was stopped. Oh wait a minute. I was stopped by the Vermont police, for doing like 6 miles over the speed limit not to long ago. No ticket, just a warning about being from Massachusetts.

Good thing my wife was with me.

I told the cop I was heading to my mother in laws, but my wife jumped right in for the Vermontah translation.

Nice save, when you can mingle with the local folk in there native tongue.

Last edited by Mikeo; 01-02-2018, 02:49 PM.

Posts as of Jan 10th 2013: 82,617

Comment

The fastest I was written up? I think it only took him a minute or two.
        Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Way back when I had a big speeding ticket. Mass State trooper.
          I slide my licence and registration through a crack in the window, he wrote me up and slide it back through the crack in the window. Zero words exchanged.

I fond it in district court where the trooper failed to show up.

The state does and automatic appeal and you have to go a second time.

Saved well over 125 bucks and many point on my insurance.

I won.

To tell the try I passed someone and was going like a bat out of hell, but that's besides the point. I can tell you this as they can't go back and fine me again.

Suits and ties look nice in court. In court I didn't say much either.

There's a lot of peeps that show up for court that dress poorly or try to be some bad mofo.

Since then I buy faster cars, it's the slow ones that I have gotten bagged in more that faster ones. Takes to long to get up to speed, especially on hills.

Comment

65 MPH in a 55. I have in-laws in the Dallas area and I can tell you Texans drive like maniacs. They don't have speed limits, they have hints.
            Last edited by DeepEnd; 01-02-2018, 05:18 PM.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

i got a warning in south dakota, or was that north dakota? anyway a warning ticket for 95 in a 50... a short speed trap for locals driving drunk. seems they had a lot of recent fatalities and were screening drunks, he just laughed and said have a good trip. i couldnt find my registration, or my license, he didnt want them. i think he may have been a blue avian and planted some kind of mind control device3s ins'qcm tmmmmm'y'kyaktgadbrmz shjfkodlkjfi tttt

Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

80 in a 35 but I wasn't doing 80, the guy that blew by me was. I was probably doing 50. The cop shot passed me going least 80 to grab the other guy. When I caught up to the two vehicles on the side of the road, he waved me over.
                Workin' for the woman with money in her hand.

Comment

I rode with those used to regular do about 115 on the bridge. I bet the current crost the Hudson river is different
                  I only felt skittish if I was not driving.

Comment

Talk about goin fast.

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post
                      I rode with those used to regular do about 115 on the bridge. I bet the current crost the Hudson river is different
                      I only felt skittish if I was not driving.
                      Sounds like Ted Kennedy was driving.

Comment

This guy can help.

Comment

Originally posted by tuco View Post

Sounds like Ted Kennedy was driving.
                          mary jo kopechne
                          Last edited by nice keetee; 01-03-2018, 12:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I had a dream I buried the speedometer past 140 once upon a time. I would not wish to do it on a regular basis.
                            Unless in a dream I make ice cream
                            who is up for a Grammy this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeo View Post
                              Talk about goin fast.

Reminds me of a bicycle accident I had several years ago.
                              "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
                              -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
                              -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
                              -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
                              -- Theodore White

Comment

Working...
                              X