Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys, the amp forum is ignoring me. Are classic 50s any good

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by MrKnobs


    What you want is a HotCat 30R, because (a) it's a fantastic amp and (b) you have a pal who will be selling one shortly.



    Terry D.


    It's Christmastime, and I'm a starving grad student with kids. Think "tax write off".
    Originally Posted by Buck62


    Obama is a "reactionary" president. He reacts without looking at the long term effects of his policies, many of which will eventually bankrupt the USA. His constant apologies to these little pissant Marxist leaders will come back to haunt him. Republicans won't have to defeat Obama, he's screwing himself. In other words, if your political foe is commiting political suicide, you don't say anything. You keep your mouth shut and let it happen.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by jbh


      It's Christmastime, and I'm a starving grad student with kids. Think "tax write off".


      White kids fetch a good price these days, I hear.

      Solve two problems at once.

      Terry D.
      Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jbh


        It's Christmastime, and I'm a starving grad student with kids. Think "tax write off".


        ha! do you think you get a mil in the bank by being anything but greedy and heartless!


        the answer is no!
        Sometimes gum looks like a penny

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Ray18


          ha! do you think you get a mil in the bank by being anything but greedy and heartless!


          the answer is no!


          My wife and I each choose a designated charity each year, and then agree we will only donate to that group.

          I forget what hers is this year.... probably some UT scholarship fund, she's weird like that.

          My list.......looks for jbh or Ray18.........

          Umm....nope. St. Jude's Hospital.

          Sorry! Contact me after Jan 1st when we reselect our charities for the year. Best to fax me a proposal soon after Christmas for early consideration.



          Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MrKnobs


            My wife and I each choose a designated charity each year, and then agree we will only donate to that group.

            I forget what hers is this year.... probably some UT scholarship fund, she's weird like that.

            My list.......looks for jbh or Ray18.........

            Umm....nope. St. Jude's Hospital.

            Sorry! Contact me after Jan 1st when we reselect our charities for the year. Best to fax me a proposal soon after Christmas for early consideration.



            Terry D.


            *dusts off grant writing 101 textbook*

            Should I first register as a not-for-profit?
            Originally Posted by Buck62


            Obama is a "reactionary" president. He reacts without looking at the long term effects of his policies, many of which will eventually bankrupt the USA. His constant apologies to these little pissant Marxist leaders will come back to haunt him. Republicans won't have to defeat Obama, he's screwing himself. In other words, if your political foe is commiting political suicide, you don't say anything. You keep your mouth shut and let it happen.

            Comment


            • #21
              The peavey classic 50 is a fine amp. You can gig the crap out of it. I personally prefer handwired boutique amps and use them at home and at church. However, I usually use an old solid state Marshall to gig with. Some of the ghetto places I play, gear thieves are more likely, so I carry cheap **************** that sounds decent. I fyou buy the peavey just be sure to keep and extra compliment of tubes and some fuses onhand, and never gig without a backup plan. I know lots of guys that have been carrying the crate powerblock as a backup with good succes for low $.

              Remember, it ain't the gear that makes a good guitar player, it's the man and his ability to maintain a groove. Gear is just an incedental item. Plenty of guys gig with low budget gear and sound great.
              -Rich

              Comment


              • #22
                Yeh, I would also bring the Power Block as a backup. Small and lightseight enough. You can't beat it.
                Originally posted by MrKnobs
                God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

                Comment

                Working...
                X