No announcement yet.

Jerry Reed RAWKS!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reed RAWKS!!!!

Just learned a half-ass version of Pretty Mary Sunlite. It's the same watered down version I play when I pick Never Going Back Again. It's close, and you can sing to it, but it ain't the original.

I heard one of his albums once he is really really really really really good

Comment

Jerry Reed, one of my all time favorites Ever tried to play "nervous breakdown"?

Comment

Originally posted by pilk
        I heard one of his albums once he is really really really really really good
        I listened to Jerry and Chet today--whoa. Crazy good picking!

Comment

Originally posted by Rekel
          Jerry Reed, one of my all time favorites Ever tried to play "nervous breakdown"?
          Nope. Don't know how it goes, but I bet it's sick *goes to find Nervous Breakdown samples online*

Comment

I remember seeing him on TV as a kid and he was pretty kickass. I saw that there is a DVD of him and Chet Atkins throwing down on a set in a huge concert.

Any recommendations on CD by Jerry Reed I should get first?
            Check out my music at CDBABY!

Casey Just and the PsykoPhoniks

The Just

My SoundClick Page

"Sounds like music for the gathering information part of a heist by a gang of London sophisticate robbers.

I'd rob London banks to that music." ~ El Cruncho

Comment

Originally posted by jivejust
              I remember seeing him on TV as a kid and he was pretty kickass. I saw that there is a DVD of him and Chet Atkins throwing down on a set in a huge concert.

Any recommendations on CD by Jerry Reed I should get first?

Man, the only song I knew by him was Eastbound and Pretty Mary Sunlite, and I downloaded it today--it's a fingerpicking nightmare to learn, but bliss to listen to.

I'd say you can't go wrong with any of his stuff. I'm not a "greatest hits" kind of guy, so I can't really lead you to anything right now. I'm going to be talking to some of my buddies this week at work and I'll get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by skippydmongoose

I'm going to be talking to some of my buddies this week at work and I'll get back to you.

Well I got a hard copy of the Elderly Instruments Catalog and in the CD section they have massive abouts of Jerry Reed Cds.

I'll be looking forward for some guidance. thanks!
                Check out my music at CDBABY!

Casey Just and the PsykoPhoniks

The Just

My SoundClick Page

"Sounds like music for the gathering information part of a heist by a gang of London sophisticate robbers.

I'd rob London banks to that music." ~ El Cruncho

Comment

Originally posted by jivejust

Well I got a hard copy of the Elderly Instruments Catalog and in the CD section they have massive abouts of Jerry Reed Cds.

I'll be looking forward for some guidance. thanks!
                  SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by skippydmongoose
                    Nope. Don't know how it goes, but I bet it's sick *goes to find Nervous Breakdown samples online*

I just tried to look through my record collection and it's on "Half singing & half pickin". That album was released in 1979 on RCA. It has a totally awesome pedal steel guitar solo on it too by Paul Franklin , who must have been around 25 years old back then.

BTW, Paul is probably the most in demand steel guitar session player and he also toured the world with Dire Straits. I met him a few times (first time playing with Dottie West here in Holland when he was around 18 years) and he's a really nice guy and a absolute monster picker!

I have quite a few albums by Jerry Reed and I like all of them especially "Jerry Reed sings Jim Croce" (1980).

Comment

Working...
                    X