No announcement yet.

Social Media Summit

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post
    it's actually true.i've seen right wing sites harassed and censored and shut down. i know there won't be any concern about it in this lib echo chamber, but anyone with a sense of the importance of free speech should be alarmed.
    Who Alex Jones?
    Democratic DOO DAH Dance every Saturday night! Advanced tickets $5 or $10 at the door.

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Make a little smiley of him with a beer. That'll calm everybody down.

If only it were that easy....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Trump is using the White House to boost the exposure of his supporters, period. Holding this even tells everyone else, hey, if you work for me maybe you can come to the White House too. It encourages more fake news and blog snot. It's totally contrived, calculated. It's free election advertising. And it gins up the base - Trump's skunk in the hat.
        Last edited by Hoot Owl; 07-11-2019, 10:25 AM.
        George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
        Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Could you point us to some examples you saw? Who shut down the sites?
          the_donald is quarantines ( yes, I know they were allegedly promoting violence against the police---laughable...it is very pro-police sub- likely a plant - reddit allows left wing violent rhetoric ad nauseum-- waits for BA Libalounger to demand a link)

stormfront--host pulled the site ( yes i know they're terrible people blah blah)

facebook pulled several republican news pages that had an approximate of 65 million followers ( yes, i know they are for trump so it's ok)

that's a few from recent memory. and no, im not going to argue about it. it happened, I saw it.

Comment

the_donald is quarantines ( yes, I know they were allegedly promoting violence against the police---laughable...it is very pro-police sub- likely a plant - reddit allows left wing violent rhetoric ad nauseum-- waits for BA Libalounger to demand a link)

stormfront--host pulled the site ( yes i know they're terrible people blah blah)

facebook pulled several republican news pages that had an approximate of 65 million followers ( yes, i know they are for trump so it's ok)

that's a few from recent memory. and no, im not going to argue about it. it happened, I saw it.
            Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube are not right wing sites and they haven't been shut down. Stormfront can stand up their own server and continue. If the hosting company doesn't want Stormfront, they are free to tell them to hit the road. They do not wish to bake racist a cake. Right wingers are banned for violating a sites terms of service. There is no government censoring of conservatives. You need to retract your BS claim.
            Government
            Of
            Putin
            Originally posted by nedezero1;
            Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
            http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

Comment

Originally posted by harrycox1 View Post

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube are not right wing sites and they haven't been shut down. Stormfront can stand up their own server and continue. If the hosting company doesn't want Stormfront, they are free to tell them to hit the road. They do not wish to bake racist a cake. Right wingers are banned for violating a sites terms of service. There is no government censoring of conservatives. You need to retract your BS claim.
              I didn't say the government is censoring anyone. You better just back up, son, and stop putting words in my mouth.

Comment

stor******--host pulled the site ( yes i know they're terrible people blah blah)

Thanks for the response!! I thought you were saying that whole web sites were being harassed and shutdown. The only one you list here that's a web site is sto*******. (Harmony Central doesn't want its name written here, because they don't want to appear at all related to that site.)

The_donald is a page on the web site reddit.com. It is private property and can boot people off their property; it is not a violation of the 1st amendment.

Facebook.com is a web site. It is private and can boot people off their property; it is not a violation of the 1st amendment.

Seems to me that your one complaint about an actual web site leads us to the question: Are web hosts public utilities, or are they private businesses?

Do you recall back when Trump's FCC ended "net neutrality"? Trump's administration argued that Internet service providers were NOT public utilities, and thus they were free to "throttle" web sites (slowing down service to some while allowing others to share/receive data at full speed). What did you think about that reasoning? Do you think service providers should be considered public utilities and should thereby need to abide by the 1st amendment in the way the government must? Should web site hosts then also be considered public utilities?
                Last edited by arcadesonfire; 07-11-2019, 01:32 PM.
                For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

I didn't say the government is censoring anyone. You better just back up, son, and stop putting words in my mouth.
                  Oh. I thought you were trying to argue that censorship by "tech giants" online was a 1st amendment issue.

1st amendment reads: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

In regards to moderation of posts and users on Reddit, Facebook, and Twitter, has Congress passed laws that are censoring the users you're thinking of?
                  Last edited by arcadesonfire; 07-11-2019, 11:24 AM.
                  For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                  https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                  www.steelphantoms.com/
                  PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

The government is the only entity that CAN censor, by definition. If it is not the government doing the censoring, then it is not censorship.

Is it censorship when Phil bans people or removes content from HCPP? No it isn't. It is a private company deciding for themselves what they want presented on their own platform.

Comment

In attendance:

Serial hoax-peddler James O'Keefe will be there. ...notorious Gateway Pundit founder Jim Hoft will be attending—he, too, is known primarily for peddling hoaxes, conspiracy theories, and other false information in the guise of conservative "news." The similarly unwedded-to-facts Charlie Kirk has earned a chair; his college-focused, trolling-heavy Turning Points USA group has emerged as one of the loudest in shameless, often-nonsensical pro-Trump advocacy. Bill Mitchell, promoter of bizarre and ultra-trolling "Q" conspiracy theories on Democratic pedophilia and/or cannibalism, claims he also has an invite.

his 2020 campaign manager, several of Trump's top House allies, and the administration's own social media director

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...mpaign-manager
                      So it looks more like a Trump 2020 Campaign meeting...being held in the White House, because why not?

I'd get up
                      If I knew I fell

---------------
                      I love this record – ray
                      https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

This [privately owned] website, Harmony Central, doesn't allow me to use profanity. Since swear words make up a large part of my vocabulary, I could consider myself victimized by their oppressive policy.

Of course, I have the maturity to understand their rights to administer their site as they see fit, and abide.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

The government is the only entity that CAN censor, by definition. If it is not the government doing the censoring, then it is not censorship.

Is it censorship when Phil bans people or removes content from HCPP? No it isn't. It is a private company deciding for themselves what they want presented on their own platform.
                          Spot on. Obviously Uncle Figgy doesn't understand how the first amendment works.

Government
                          Of
                          Putin
                          Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.

Comment

Make Trump the moderator! Make a little smiley of him with a beer. That'll calm everybody down.

...Oh, president doesn't drink.

Damn, somebody get that dude a drink. Seems like he could really use it. Needs to relax a bit.
                            It's good he doesn't drink.
                            He would be an angry drunk.
                            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

You claimed that conservatives were the victim of censorship yet you have not backed up your nonsensical claim with even one example. Please provide links to substantiate your claim or retract please.

Government
                              Of
                              Putin

Comment

None of those links seem to work.
                                Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Working...
                                X