Social Media Summit

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Summit

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/tech/...mit/index.html

Apparently the right wing is being censored by the MSM so Trump has called for a summit. I guess they'll have a pretty big soap box to stand on. It's a lovely guest list.

Trump had the Russians in his office. He's had Kim Kardishian. Now he's got the right-wing tin-foil hat crowd.

Pizzagate! Pizzagate! Benghazi!

Q is in da house.

Zip
    665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Conspiracy theorists being judged by the content of their rhetoric rather than the color of their skin?? They’re so oppressed. The horror!
    For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
    https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
    www.steelphantoms.com/
    PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Trump had to top the Obama "beer summit".

Zip
      665 - Neighbor of the Beast

Originally Posted by RobRoy: I believe that the only way Obama will remain in power is if he suspends elections. And at that point he is no longer president. He is dictator. But I don't believe he will even survive that long. It could be suicide, impeachment by BOTH parties, you name it.

Comment

it's actually true.i've seen right wing sites harassed and censored and shut down. i know there won't be any concern about it in this lib echo chamber, but anyone with a sense of the importance of free speech should be alarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Figgy View Post
          it's actually true.i've seen right wing sites harassed and censored and shut down. i know there won't be any concern about it in this lib echo chamber, but anyone with a sense of the importance of free speech should be alarmed.
          Could you point us to some examples you saw? Who shut down the sites?
          Last edited by arcadesonfire; 07-11-2019, 07:48 AM.
          For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?

My (old dead) band!:
          www.steelphantoms.com/
          PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

In NPR's story this morning about this, one representative of this rightwing crowd argued that Facebook and Twitter have become "the public square," so full 1st amendment rights should be provided on the sites. One can easily counter this by pointing out that Facebook and Twitter, etc., are NOT public property; they are private sites.

So I'm wondering: Should we have an actual digital public square? Should the government provide an online platform where private entities cannot censor hate speech, propaganda, or fake news?

Should President Trump and/or conservatives in Congress propose a public social media network? Maybe put money toward that rather than Space Force?

My (old dead) band!:
            www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
              In NPR's story this morning about this, one representative of this rightwing crowd argued that Facebook and Twitter have become "the public square," so full 1st amendment rights should be provided on the sites. One can easily counter this by pointing out that Facebook and Twitter, etc., are NOT public property; they are private sites.

So I'm wondering: Should we have an actual digital public square? Should the government provide an online platform where private entities cannot censor hate speech, propaganda, or fake news?

Should President Trump and/or conservatives in Congress propose a public social media network? Maybe put money toward that rather than Space Force?
              Conservatives would disavow it calling it the “deep state”.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post

Conservatives would disavow it calling it the “deep state”.
                Make Trump the moderator! Make a little smiley of him with a beer. That'll calm everybody down.

...Oh, president doesn't drink.

Damn, somebody get that dude a drink. Seems like he could really use it. Needs to relax a bit.

My (old dead) band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Make Trump the moderator! Make a little smiley of him with a beer. That'll calm everybody down.

...Oh, president doesn't drink.

Damn, somebody get that dude a drink. Seems like he could really use it. Needs to relax a bit.
                  Maybe he and Epstein could throw another one of their parties with just the two of them and 28 girls! That should help take the edge off.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...p-epstein.html
                  Last edited by Vito Corleone; 07-11-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post

Maybe he and Epstein could throw another one of this parties with just the two of them and 28 girls! That should help take the edge off.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...p-epstein.html
                    Oh right. Trump's probably distraught having this troupe of big dudes in suits and dark glasses following him around everywhere nowadays.

My (old dead) band!:
                    www.steelphantoms.com/

Comment

Oh right. Trump's probably distraught having this troupe of big dudes in suits and dark glasses following him around everywhere nowadays.
                      no doubt. All those hush money payments would start to add up pretty quickly.
                      Last edited by Vito Corleone; 07-11-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

What sites?

Comment

Link? Did you also see Muslims in New Jersey celebrating when the twin towers were attacked?
                          Government
                          Of
                          Putin
                          Originally posted by nedezero1;
                          Good. More lib fake news correspondents need to be assaulted when they get too pushy.
                          http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...nches-reporter

Comment

Were they expressing any views of violence, racism, xenophobia? Were they spreading false rumors that appeared to be done on purpose? Were they acting as a conduit for Russian propaganda? Anything else that might stimulate a response?

I've heard a few of you describe this as a sort-of left wing echo chamber. I've been banned several times. Is that censorship? No.
                            Anyone can go somewhere else. There are plenty of outlets for anger.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                            Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Sounds serious!

Which sites did you see censored and shut down?
                              __________________________________________________

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Working...
                              X