Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Epstein case bring Trump down?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Epstein case bring Trump down?

some are hopeful.

The case could shed new light not only on the allegations, which span years and countries, but also on the extent to which officials who have been linked to Mr. Epstein — including, most notably, President Trump and his labor secretary, Alexander Acosta — knew about or downplayed them.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/07/n...ein-trump.html

in the meantime. Eggs and mushrooms.

imo

This is interesting.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/07/daughter-of-ex-fbi-director-comey-is-prosecutor-in-epstein-case-report/

Click image for larger version

Name:	AAB0DA5C-F754-43DE-9B9B-069D52493300.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	32548511
    imo

Comment

I certainly hope it bring Alex Acuna down. That he let this guy off the hook the first time around is beyond shameful.

As far as Trump goes? why would it? It will just be another in a long line of stains on Trump's character that his fans will look past.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/

Comment

I don't foresee Trump suffering much fallout from this case.

Does it contribute to him being a single-term POTUS? I think he was headed that way already.

Maybe we can all just agree that Bush was stupid and Cheney was lying and call it a day. - guitarcapo

Originally posted by Grumpy_Polecat View Post
        For the record: Hitler using gas to exterminate his presumed enemies does not equal the use of chemical weapons.
        Reprehensible as it was, gassing was a conventional and accepted method for execution at the time. It is a stretch to equivocate the two.

Comment

Yeah, nothing is stopping the Trump train. I even wonder if losing the election in 2020 would? I think he would refuse to honor the election results, assuming of course that the Dems win, which isn't looking very promising right now.

Comment

Will it bring WJC down?

imo

Comment

Why would it? Even though the old “moral majority” rejected *Clinton’s sexual improprieties, they embrace Trump’s. Some dudes call him an “alpha male”; if Trump were at all into underage girls (which I doubt), his supporters would likely find a way to excuse it as they have excused his proven improprieties.

It seems to me many people have unwavering, religion-like FAITH in Trump. I have even heard the Bible used here a number of times to defend this faith via the story of god-appointed Cyrus.

*Another dude connected to Epstein.
              Last edited by arcadesonfire; 07-08-2019, 10:38 AM.
              For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
              https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
                Will it bring WJC down?
                Is he up?

Comment

60 women have come forward and the FBI is asking for more to come forward.

imo

Comment

Will it bring WJC down?
                    Probably more evidence about Clinton than Trump, if only because Trump is better than Clinton at deflecting damaging evidence.
                    I suppose he's had a bit more practice, but it's a pretty close race.
                    Alexander Acosta who granted Epstein the sweetheart plea deal is now President Trump's Secry Labor and was in the running for AG.

​​​​​​​ONLY THE BEST PEOPLE, you all.
                    Last edited by RogueGnome; 07-08-2019, 10:48 AM.
                    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

Probably more evidence about Clinton than Trump, if only because Trump is better than Clinton at deflecting damaging evidence.
                      I suppose he's had a bit more practice, but it's a pretty close race.
                      They traveled in the same circles for sure. It’s unclear if they have the same fetishes.
                      imo

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post
                        Why would it? Even though the old “moral majority” rejected *Clinton’s sexual improprieties, they embrace Trump’s. Some dudes call him an “alpha male”; if Trump were at all into underage girls (which I doubt), his supporters would likely find a way to excuse it as they have excused his proven improprieties.

*Another dude connected to Epstein.
                        He certainly liked walking in on 15 and 16 year old girls changing backstage at the Miss Teen USA pageants it seems.

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...ss-teen-usa-c/

And his comment about Epstein liking his women on the younger side after noting they had similar taste in beautiful women is troubling, at best.

And then there IS that matter of the woman who claimed Trump raped her during one of Epstein's sex parties when she was 13.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-claims.html

Comment

They traveled in the same circles for sure. It’s unclear if they have the same fetishes.
                          True. I don't know that there is the evidence for Clinton having the same underage-girl fetish that there is for Trump.

Comment

Two national scoundrels, those guys.
                            To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

60 women have come forward and the FBI is asking for more to come forward.
                              I wonder if "Katie Johnson" will be among them?

Comment

Working...
                              X