No announcement yet.

OT! A gift to myself.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
    First you have to have a yacht, which, come to think of it, is the ultimate vice.
    Indeed, doesn’t everyone have one? Nothing like bathing in the sun listening to Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post

Indeed, doesn’t everyone have one? Nothing like bathing in the sun listening to Steely Dan and the Doobie Brothers.
      I can dig it.
      Yachting in the doughboy, with Carol, Ted, and Alice. The boat sank, but WTF anyway. It was only big enough for the doobies - real doobies.

BTW, The Doobies just played here, with Santana. Good times, I guess. Didn't go. Saw both long ago.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
      Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

I can dig it.
        Yachting in the doughboy, with Carol, Ted, and Alice. The boat sank, but WTF anyway. It was only big enough for the doobies - real doobies.

BTW, The Doobies just played here, with Santana. Good times, I guess. Didn't go. Saw both long ago.
        Sink? Yachts don`t sink they just fade away, sometimes with the Bose speakers(with all their durability) still singing into the depths..

Comment

Originally posted by goodhonk View Post
          I just entered the grilling world. Picked up a cheapie rom Home Depot to get my feet wet.
          That's what I'm currently using - a Brinkman that I bought for $99 when they were blowing them out at Home Depot after they went out of business. I think I've had it for about five years now... probably about time for a new one, but it still works, and mainly it's just used for me and the wife. The next time I throw another Philphest, I will probably need to break down and buy a larger one... the one I have is roughly similar to this one, with a side burner (that I never use) and two under the hood:

https://www.sears.com/bbq-pro-3-burn...0070921x00003c

We use the thing a lot in the summer - beats heating the house up by running the oven.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

That's what I'm currently using - a Brinkman that I bought for $99 when they were blowing them out at Home Depot after they went out of business. I think I've had it for about five years now... probably about time for a new one, but it still works, and mainly it's just used for me and the wife. The next time I throw another Philphest, I will probably need to break down and buy a larger one... the one I have is roughly similar to this one, with a side burner (that I never use) and two under the hood:

We use the thing a lot in the summer - beats heating the house up by running the oven.

Move to Oregon, Phil. Up here the highlight of the day is when we're done baking we open the door to warm up the room. Bonus.

I used Weber domes for a while, then I bought a big stainless fancy-grill. Didn't like it. Went back to the lowly Weber dome. Good enough for me. Costs a lot less too.

My grandfather built a large outdoor grill using an amazing stone (had pockets of quartz here and there). That was the bomb. He cooked with manzanita wood. Burgers soaked in redwine, with chopped red onion mixed into the grind. Pretty awesome burgers. Forty years later I can still taste them.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
            Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Indeed. It’s hot as hell here and we’ll just throw a bunch of meat on and use it for various dishes. I have a 6 burner now that lasted about 3 years, but heat is uneven so cooking space is limited. At least with this one I can use the whole thing.

Comment

Put it together today! Timed it-2:18. 18 minutes was messing with the igniter distributor cover. My only complaint. The rest fit together like a glove. Solid as hell. Got some steaks marinating now to grill tomorrow to bask in my delicious carcinogens!

Comment

Move to Oregon, Phil. Up here the highlight of the day is when we're done baking we open the door to warm up the room. Bonus.

I used Weber domes for a while, then I bought a big stainless fancy-grill. Didn't like it. Went back to the lowly Weber dome. Good enough for me. Costs a lot less too.

My grandfather built a large outdoor grill using an amazing stone (had pockets of quartz here and there). That was the bomb. He cooked with manzanita wood. Burgers soaked in redwine, with chopped red onion mixed into the grind. Pretty awesome burgers. Forty years later I can still taste them.
                  Interesting trivia: the guy who invented the dome grill worked for a company that made buoys near the Great Lakes. The inventor was not named Weber - it was the name of the buoy business, which he bought after the success of his grill, and I think the patented vent in top had a lot to do with that success. I have two Webers - an original black "buoy" and a little Weber Q for camping. Yes, Q. Was I cool before Q was Q?

I once did a turkey in the buoy and it was dee-luscious.
                  Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

Interesting trivia: the guy who invented the dome grill worked for a company that made buoys near the Great Lakes. The inventor was not named Weber - it was the name of the buoy business, which he bought after the success of his grill, and I think the patented vent in top had a lot to do with that success. I have two Webers - an original black "buoy" and a little Weber Q for camping. Yes, Q. Was I cool before Q was Q?

I once did a turkey in the buoy and it was dee-luscious.
                    I’m totally impressed how well overall this fit together, like all holes lined up perfectly. Heavy A.F. as well. 190lbs. I’m about ready to push my old one out so someone can take it. It still works.

Comment

Working...
                    X