No announcement yet.

OT! A gift to myself.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT! A gift to myself.

I have been really good, so my old grill is rusted crap(but a new one every few years for $3-400 dollars) so enough. This should pay for itself. I ordered it and want to put it together myself to ensure it’s “well done”. One of my neighbors has been taking my old grills for years. Last one.

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post
    I have been really good, so my old grill is rusted crap(but a new one every few years for $3-400 dollars) so enough. This should pay for itself. I ordered it and want to put it together myself to ensure it’s “well done”. One of my neighbors has been taking my old grills for years. Last one.
    Weber is like Yamaha instruments - lots of quality down to the base units. Consumer Reports consistently rates the Genesis grills at or near the top.
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

Weber is like Yamaha instruments - lots of quality down to the base units. Consumer Reports consistently rates the Genesis grills at or near the top.
      I hope so, they are not cheap/ridiculously expensive.

Comment

I’ve had 5 grills over the past 20 years or so. 4 of them were Webers. They are good quality grills

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
          I’ve had 5 grills over the past 20 years or so. 4 of them were Webers. They are good quality grills
          I hope so! This thing is almost a thousand dollars! We take our grilling seriously, all year long. Tired of buying crap grills.

Comment

I hope so! This thing is almost a thousand dollars! We take our grilling seriously, all year long. Tired of buying crap grills.
            It's way to hot for me to be grilling... but I don't grill anyway. My cooking skills aren't that great. When it gets time to cook outside, I just grab the extension cords & move the microwave to the yard.
            Do you know of anyone that makes a battery operated microwave, for the beach?
            ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
            Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

I like grilled food...because I'm a man, but doesn't that food collect thousands of (perhaps more) bits of toxic combustion biproducts?
              Who in their right mind would bathe food in smoke? Have you ever inhaled smoke? The stuff sucks. Can't be healthy. No way.

Just saying.

Medium, please.

Edit: Webber here. A cheap, does-the-job Webber, the bowl type.
              Last edited by Hoot Owl; 07-07-2019, 07:29 AM.
              George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
              Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

I just entered the grilling world. Picked up a cheapie rom Home Depot to get my feet wet.

Congrats on the new grill, red!
                imo

Comment

Congratulations and Happy New Grill Day. Use it in good health.
                  Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                  Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                  Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                  Member of the Schecter Society
                  Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I've never grilled; not a carnivore of charred fur or feather bearing animal flesh.

But, I did visit Cary, Illinois, where the Weber plant is. That place looks like some kind of military installation. It's huge, like on the order of the Boeing assembly buildings in Renton, WA. A tour there would probably be a helluva lot more interesting than a visit to a guitar maker's facility. If I had the time I would have inquired.

Edit to add - Curly Howard?

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/beh...ber-29602.html

Last edited by Idunno; 07-07-2019, 05:27 PM.
                    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

I got it, now I just have to put it together. I was tempted to pay, but I could just see someone telling some idiot “put this together!” No thanks, I’ll do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                        I like grilled food...because I'm a man, but doesn't that food collect thousands of (perhaps more) bits of toxic combustion biproducts?
                        Who in their right mind would bathe food in smoke? Have you ever inhaled smoke? The stuff sucks. Can't be healthy. No way.

Just saying.

Medium, please.

Edit: Webber here. A cheap, does-the-job Webber, the bowl type.
                        Who cares people have been grilling for thousands of years.

Comment

Who cares people have been grilling for thousands of years.
                          People have been suiciding for thousands of years too.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                            People have been suiciding for thousands of years too.
                            For political purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                              I've never grilled; not a carnivore of charred fur or feather bearing animal flesh.

But, I did visit Cary, Illinois, where the Weber plant is. That place looks like some kind of military installation. It's huge, like on the order of the Boeing assembly buildings in Renton, WA. A tour there would probably be a helluva lot more interesting than a visit to a guitar maker's facility. If I had the time I would have inquired.

Edit to add - Curly Howard?

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/beh...ber-29602.html
                              I want to take the Boing tour. Some day.

You should see the Intel plant in Hillsboro, OR. Looks like a Borg space ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X