Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roughtrade View Post

California is known for restrictive firearms legislation. So is Chicago. They both had high incidents of mass shootings.
    You have it backwards. Chicago has more gun control BECAUSE they have had more gun violence. California has had it's share too. But California is the most pro-active state in the union so...

Nice try though.
    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 06-18-2019, 09:29 AM.
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by Daehtihs View Post
      Iv'e at least one gun since I was a little boy and I would never hurt anybody unless they were trying to kill me.
      Me too. At least for now. If I start slipping up mentally that could change, and then, LOOK OUT!
      Good to know I have recourse.
      George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BA.Barcolounger View Post

Yeah, men aren't responsible for their actions. It's all the fault of those broads.
        MAGA

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
          You have it backwards. Both of those area have more gun control BECAUSE they have had more gun violence.

Nice try though.
          Has it worked?

They are still the leaders in gun violence. I don't think that they have addressed the issues that lead to confrontation. Those are easier to ignore if they can get the public to believe that it is the fault of the tool and not the fault of the society that created the tool operator. That and the disarmament of the poor are really all gun control has been good for in the US, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by roughtrade View Post

Especially California!

Yeah, their gun control is working...
            In other words, there is not enough gun control in California.

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post
              Qualification: Male human beings are the most dangerous animal on the planet. Female human beings...…..not so much.
              But, but, females wreck men's lives. Whah, whah, whah...

Comment

The OP is ridiculous. You never "prevent" shootings. You reduce them and their consequence (by, like, taking away all semi-autos, for instance).

Lately we saw how negative it can be for silencers to be available. Now watch, shooters are going to think, hey, I need a silencer too.
                Last edited by Hoot Owl; 06-18-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
                  Another mass shooting

...in Toronto. This is the second in Toronto in less than a year.

http://api.edweek.org/v1/blogs/62/%3Fuuid%3D74022

It seems that Canada's approach to gun laws doesn't prevent mass shootings.
                  The contagion oozes north.

The Guess Who kind of predicted this...

Comment

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
                    ...in Toronto. This is the second in Toronto in less than a year.

http://api.edweek.org/v1/blogs/62/%3Fuuid%3D74022

It seems that Canada's approach to gun laws doesn't prevent mass shootings.
                    You’re exactly right - doesn’t prevent it but it’s not a daily occurrence here like in America so thanks for proving that gun control does help to greatly reduce deaths from gun violence.

if the pro-gun people got their head out of their ass in USA and stopped being so selfish, you could reduce the deaths in your country too and save some lives.
                    Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
                    There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

Men are like linoleum floors. Lay 'em right and you can walk all over them for years. Mae West
                      To be fair, this goes both ways.

Comment

There are no frigid women, only clumsy men.

(The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

Yeah, men aren't responsible for their actions. It's all the fault of those broads.
                          I would have to disagree with that statement. But YMMV.

Comment

Be sure to remember your wife/mother/mother-in-law next Mother's Day.
                            I have four daughters and a slew of adult granddaughters. Not to mention sons and grandsons. From where do you think I got my opinion?

Comment

Women do stuff like this:
                              https://www.ksl.com/article/46575810...elf-police-say

Then there are those like Tawana Brawley and Christine Blasey Ford.

And, of course, the Duke LaCrosse team fiasco.

And those are just the ones that got caught. What about this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_accusation_of_rape

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

In a way, that is true. Men kill people. Women ruin people's lives.
                                Really?

That's a rather generalized and sexist statement.

Women kill people too... and men have ruined plenty of lives.

They each just act badly in different ways. And don't kid yourself. I have little doubt that a lot of the physically bad things men do were actively motivated by a woman in their life.
                                When men do bad things, it's their own fault and no one else's responsibility. They, and they alone, are responsible for their own actions. Same with women.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                                - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                                - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                                X