Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by SteinbergerHack; 06-26-2019, 10:26 AM.
    Lease this space!

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack View Post
    ...in Toronto. This is the second in Toronto in less than a year.

http://api.edweek.org/v1/blogs/62/%3Fuuid%3D74022

It seems that Canada's approach to gun laws doesn't prevent mass shootings.
    Please tell us-
    Exactly what does prevent mass shootings?
    The good-guy-with-the-gun doesn't seem to be working super well here in the states. Lord knows, we have a lot of good guys with guns here.
    Let's use a wee bit of common sense to examine the numbers.
    A total of 115 mass shooting incidents have occurred thus far in 2019 in the US as of May 7.
    Allowing for the difference in population between the US & Canada (a factor of 10) we win!
    Last edited by RogueGnome; 06-18-2019, 06:24 AM.
    To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

If you look at the numbers, mass shootings in Canada are quite rare. Much more rare than in the US. You're a numbers guy.

Remember this post in the thread about the church pastor calling for homosexuals to be executed?

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack

Nah, it's quite rare. Your list is less than 2 per year in a nation of 325 million people and over 300,000 churches - and at least one of those links has exactly nothing to do with any church or pastor, and there is no mention of religion - or even sexual preference - at all.

I think it's safe to say that this qualifies as "rare".
      Canada has a population of 37 million. I think it's safe to say that this qualifies as "rare".

Comment

In a less politically charged world, we wouldn't even be talking about gun rights in any way. We'd be talking about what needs to be done about the person that did it. Human beings are the most dangerous animal on the planet. They can use anything as a weapon, if motivated. Even a commercial airliner.

Comment

Qualification: Male human beings are the most dangerous animal on the planet. Female human beings...…..not so much.
          (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

Please tell us-
            Exactly what does prevent mass shootings?
            The good-guy-with-the-gun doesn't seem to be working super well here in the states. Lord knows, we have a lot of good guys with guns here.
            Let's use a wee bit of common sense to examine the numbers.
            A total of 115 mass shooting incidents have occurred thus far in 2019 in the US as of May 7.
            Allowing for the difference in population between the US & Canada (a factor of 10) we win!
            Especially California!

Yeah, their gun control is working...

Comment

Originally posted by fretmess View Post
              Qualification: Male human beings are the most dangerous animal on the planet. Female human beings...…..not so much.
              In a way, that is true. Men kill people. Women ruin people's lives.

They each just act badly in different ways. And don't kid yourself. I have little doubt that a lot of the physically bad things men do were actively motivated by a woman in their life.

The old line in My Big Fat Greek Wedding: The man is the head, but the woman is the neck, and the woman can turn the head any way she wants.
              Last edited by Easy Listener; 06-18-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

They each just act badly in different ways. And don't kid yourself. I have little doubt that a lot of the physically bad things men do were actively motivated by a woman in their life.

The old line in My Big Fat Greek Wedding: The man is the head, but the woman is the neck, and the woman can turn the head any way she wants.
                Be sure to remember your wife/mother/mother-in-law next Mother's Day.
                (The US will not survive the obama presidency. The world may not either.) Cuban Leaf

Comment

Originally posted by roughtrade View Post

Especially California!

Yeah, their gun control is working...
                  20% of the population in California owns a gun.
                  You call this gun control?

Comment

Men are like linoleum floors. Lay 'em right and you can walk all over them for years. Mae West

Comment

I have little doubt that a lot of the physically bad things men do were actively motivated by a woman in their life.
                      Yeah, men aren't responsible for their actions. It's all the fault of those broads.

Comment

Iv'e at least one gun since I was a little boy and I would never hurt anybody unless they were trying to kill me.

Comment

So essentially, only 20% of the state exercises their 2nd Amendment Constitutional right...

You call this gun control?
                          Actually, we do have some of the strictest gun regulations in the country. Or are you saying the only real / viable "gun control" should result in less than one in five citizens owning guns?

How do you feel about the rest of the Bill of Rights?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                            California is known for restrictive firearms legislation. So is Chicago. They both had high incidents of mass shootings.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

So essentially, only 20% of the state exercises their 2nd Amendment Constitutional right...

Actually, we do have some of the strictest gun regulations in the country. Or are you saying the only real / viable "gun control" should result in less than one in five citizens owning guns?

How do you feel about the rest of the Bill of Rights?

Interesting question I wouldn't have expected, especially coming from you.
                              It's a right; it's not mandatory. Probably a lot of folks don't want a gun in the house.
                              I don't think we can assume that the other 80% of the population in California wants to have a gun but are prohibited from doing so.
                              And now to answer your question...
                              I support all the Bill of Rights; each-and-every last one of them. Second Amendment included.
                              I'm a gun owner.
                              When one in five citizens is armed, we have what I would consider to be a rather liberal gun ownership policy in place.
                              Just my humble opinion, and thanks for asking about what I think of the Bill of Rights.

Comment

Working...
                              X