Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Hicks View Post

Not in the slightest.

I assume you are aware he had a son that died from cancer.
    Does that give him some sort of immunity to prey on the votes of other cancer sufferers and family members?

BTW, most people his age have been affected by cancer, either directly or by a close relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Corleone View Post

THAT’S what you’re all upset about? The point is that he made a promise he didn’t keep. Parse his words the way you want to...fine. He didn’t keep THAT promise either.
      Upset? No.

You made a claim about Trump that I had not heard before. Then mocked me for not having heard about it. Then shared a link that didn't support what you claim he said.

So, upset, no. Annoyed by this exchange, maybe a little. Disappointed that you cannot admit you were incorrect; I'm becoming accustomed to that.

Comment

Originally posted by -NPC- View Post

Does that give him some sort of immunity to prey on the votes of other cancer sufferers and family members?

BTW, most people his age have been affected by cancer, either directly or by a close relative.

my perspective is that Joe's interest in this topic is based upon the death of his son.

you seem to be suggesting that politics is the greater motivation for Biden. But on this particular topic I suggest you look to Donald for that.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Upset? No.

You made a claim about Trump that I had not heard before. Then mocked me for not having heard about it. Then shared a link that didn't support what you claim he said.

So, upset, no. Annoyed by this exchange, maybe a little. Disappointed that you cannot admit you were incorrect; I'm becoming accustomed to that.
          Lol. The guy said “everyone will have health care” and “the government will pay for it”. And you want to try and defend a Trump lie by parsing specific wording?

Did you forget who are supporting?

Comment

Lol. The guy said “everyone will have health care” and “the government will pay for it”. And you want to try and defend a Trump lie by parsing specific wording?

No, I think I may have forgotten who I’m “debating” though. Thanks for the reminder. Once a guido, always a guido.

Comment

Don’t lower other candidates to the level of Trump. Even though he gave the famed autocrat-like “only I can fix it” speech, usually when other candidates refer to massive projects such as eradicating a disease, they imply a massive nationwide team effort. Biden didn’t merely imply it; he literally said “we.” It should be easy to recognize this convention, but maybe Trump’s cult of personality has led some to think of the American president in the way Kim Jong Un wants to be conceived. ???

Jimmy Carter’s post-presidential organization contributed greatly to eradicating infection by the African Guinnea worm. The Carter Center led an international effort. Carter didn’t do it himself.
              Last edited by arcadesonfire; 06-19-2019, 03:07 PM.
              For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
              https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
              www.steelphantoms.com/
              PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Indeed. Trump often claimed to support the same goals Bernie Sanders proposed. Trump used class warfare as he railed against elites and said that “the forgotten men and women” would be raised up. Trump was widely recognized to be running as a populist. With these promises and tone, he likely won over a lot of voters who wouldn’t have voted for a straight up Ayn Rand fan.
                For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                www.steelphantoms.com/
                PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

Originally posted by arcadesonfire View Post

Indeed. Trump often claimed to support the same goals Bernie Sanders proposed. Trump used class warfare as he railed against elites and said that “the forgotten men and women” would be raised up. Trump was widely recognized to be running as a populist. With these promises and tone, he likely won over a lot of voters who wouldn’t have voted for a straight up Ayn Rand fan.
                  My suspicion is that this cycle he will have a tougher time selling the working man's billionaire meme.

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

No, I think I may have forgotten who I’m “debating” though. Thanks for the reminder. Once a guido, always a guido.
                    I’m getting a bit annoyed with you... how many warnings have you received recently?

The warnings are not unlimited. Keep it civil please. And watch the innuendoes too please.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Biden promised to cure cancer if elected.
                      link?
                      Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Working...
                      X