Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megan Rapinoe Protests The National Anthem Before World Cup Games — Here's Why

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Rapinoe Protests The National Anthem Before World Cup Games — Here's Why

https://www.bustle.com/p/megan-rapin...s-why-18012038

I totally admire and respect her for not singing the national anthem!
    Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Originally posted by SteinbergerHack
    It wouldn't bother me if they sat her out of the Cup matches as a response, or even kicked her off of the team. If you don't like what America represents, why are you representing us?

Nobody is forcing her to play for the UNITED STATES NATIONAL soccer team.
    America represents the freedom to protest.

I'd get up
    If I knew I fell

---------------
    I love this record – ray
    https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

I can understand why some people detest our 1st amendment.
      Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Bless her little heart.

Comment

Hoddy, put your money where your mouth is. Renounce your citizenship.

Liberals want it all. They desire the American standard of living, the freedom to curse it in the same thought, to openly despise the bigotry characteristic of its multi-cultural mix, and yet embrace it through some (transparent) professed humanitarian claims. They are a symbology unto themselves of self-defeating double-speak. There's no rationale one can point to and call legitimate in their national sense of the word. All the right has to do is stand there and look stupid to be the better choice.

The girl should be stripped of her standings and told to sit on the bench until she can manage to pull her thumb out of her mouth.
          Last edited by Idunno; 06-17-2019, 05:48 PM.
          - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

America represents the freedom to protest.

This.

The irony of the UNITED STATES NATIONAL Soccer Team kicking her off for a silent protest would be ridiculous beyond reproach.
            Last edited by Vito Corleone; 06-17-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
              You can? Well please give us some insight.
              ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
              Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Question for the Haters here...

If you're watching sports on TV, and the National Anthem is played...do you stand up and put your hand over your heart? Why or why not?
                I'd get up
                If I knew I fell

---------------
                I love this record – ray
                https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
                  Hoddy, put your money where your mouth is. Renounce your citizenship.

Liberals want it all. They desire the American standard of living, the freedom to curse it in the same thought, to openly despise the bigotry characteristic of its multi-cultural mix, and yet embrace it through some (transparent) professed humanitarian claims. They are a symbology unto themselves of self-defeating double-speak. There's no rationale one can point to and call legitimate in their national sense of the word. All the right has to do is stand there and look stupid to be the better choice.

The girl should be stripped of her standings and told to sit on the bench until she can manage to pull her thumb out of her mouth.
                  Next thing you know, those damned liberals are going to insist her right to protest be enshrined in our Constitution!

Comment

Next time, Hoddy (and this goes for all of us), give us a short synopsis of what the issue is. Sometimes I skip threads where I have to click links.

Here's her main issue:
                    "Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties," the Associated Press reported the soccer player went on to say.

I don't exactly like what she's done but I understand it and I support her. People like her, and the ability we have to do that, is what makes us special.
                    Last edited by Hoot Owl; 06-17-2019, 07:25 PM.
                    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Sounds like she cowered/ waited for someone else to start protesting and then followed his lead? Not that worthy of respect IMO

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post
                        Question for the Haters here...

If you're watching sports on TV, and the National Anthem is played...do you stand up and put your hand over your heart? Why or why not?
                        Which "haters" are you talking to? The supporters & detractors appear to be on an equal level in this thread. Personally, at other peoples homes or where ever they may gather to watch sporting events on TV, I don't see many people doing it.....with the sole exception of the VFW, Does that mean they are the only "real" patriots? In this failing society, is there anyway to measure & distinguish a "patriot"? It seems to me, that the push for diversity, has clouded any definitive that may have made that kind of judgement possible, in the past.
                        One thing is for sure...hoddy never misses an opportunity to display his disdain and disrespect for the U.S.
                        ''All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"--Edmund Burke
                        Man created science to create what man wants science to create.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoddy View Post
                          Yet no one has said anything of the sort here.

And you wonder why you get accused of trolling?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                          - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
                          - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
                          - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

If Megan Rapinoe wants to be an entitled spoiled petulant nitwit scumbag ignorant disgusting freak, she's well within her rights.

Hopefully they'll send her packing so she can have something real to complain about.

Comment

It is not real clear when the National Anthem (became the national anthem in 1931) started being sung at sporting events, but it neither adds to, or detracts from the event itself. I do not think anyone goes to a sporting event to hear the anthem and often it is torturous to listen to.

I stand but do not sing. Of course, I never sang in church either. I never said the Pledge in school unless I was told to do so by a teacher. Why? Waste of time to me. I can be a patriot whether I sing, recite or choose to do nothing. Words in this case (or a song) do not mean much. Actions do.

In Kaepernick's case I firmly believe, based upon his career at the time and his choices, he did what he did to either forestall his impending release from the 49'ers (Who realized the massively overpaid him for a short run of success); or to bring more attention to himself because he knew he had a tough row to hoe when it came to justifying his massive contract.

In Rapinoe's case, she can do what she wants. That is what makes this country so great. She can refuse to stand, sing, put her hand over her heart, but that does not mean she does not love this country. It just means she has some issues and this is a good manner in which she feels she can have a voice.

No matter what she does, she will be reviled by some and applauded by others. Then there will be those like myself who just do not find it in themselves to care one way or another.

The great thing about this country is that we can do what Rapinoe does without fear of penalty by our government.

The difference between her and others is that I have never heard her say she does not like this country, she is unhappy with the manner in which people treat others in this country, and unhappy that today not everyone enjoys the same rights as others. She has not, ( as far as I know) , worn pig socks, called police Modern Day Slave Catchers, race-baited, etc...She has just quietly protested in her own manner.

While she is making a political statement, I doubt she would be proud to know that both sides are holding her up as an example of what is wrong, or as a "Beacon of Hope And Change". She is just doing what she feels she needs to do and does not feel she needs validation from internet forum members.
                              Sprinkles are for winners...

Comment

Working...
                              X