Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wallywanker View Post

you need to paint with a much broader brush here on hcpp - better to insult everyone in a group you disagree with than anyone in a group you disagree with ... ironically enough the left has totally embraced richard nixion's policy of "the important thing is that we maintain plausible deniability" ...
    Whatever the case, that was MUCH more innocent than the personal attacks I brush off.

Comment

you need to paint with a much broader brush here on hcpp - better to insult everyone in a group you disagree with than anyone in a group you disagree with ... ironically enough the left has totally embraced richard nixion's policy of "the important thing is that we maintain plausible deniability" ...
      “The left”? This is Phil’s rule.

Comment

I have a theory about them...they're morons.
        Guns Over People

I pledge my allegiance to David Hogg and Emma Gonzalez!!!

Comment

Republicans better hope they can find a Democrat every bit as repulsive as HRC or Mister Trump is in trouble.
          (Not an easy task.)
          To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
            Republicans better hope they can find a Democrat every bit as repulsive as HRC or Mister Trump is in trouble.
            (Not an easy task.)
            A Democrat president might be good..maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by sirfun View Post

TDS is important to me !! )

Temperature, Depth, Salinity

!! )

CBS News had a segment about some shark attacks off N. Carolina. The sea water is warmer than usual, which may be changing some shark species' migration. They said there are around fifty species of shark not far from the Atlantic coast. Baby sharks. Mommie sharks. Daddy sharks. Grandma sharks. Grandpa sharks.

If you haven't heard the above song, you may not be near many children. Its last verse is modulated up a half step.

Oh, and I read through the thread and realized we needed more plumber, kind of like more cowbell.

In September 1952, vice presidential candidate Richard Nixon was accused of taking money from a reelection fund. In a live television address, Nixon painted himself as a humble family man who had only...
              Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Originally posted by thankyou View Post

CBS News had a segment about some shark attacks off N. Carolina. The sea water is warmer than usual, which may be changing some shark species' migration. They said there are around fifty species of shark not far from the Atlantic coast. Baby sharks. Mommie sharks. Daddy sharks. Grandma sharks. Grandpa sharks.

If you haven't heard the above song, you may not be near many children. Its last verse is modulated up a half step.

Oh, and I read through the thread and realized we needed more plumber, kind of like more cowbell.
                Don't go halfway........

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post
                  That is surprisingly close to how I feel about him.

I read somewhere a great analogy: Imagine the best and most reasonably priced plumber in town also cheats on his wife - and constantly lies about it. But you need a good plumber now. And he's available. Do you care about his marital infidelity or do you want your plumbing fixed?

i.e. many with TDS are simply focusing on the wrong things.
                  Eh. He hasn't fixed much and he's made some big things worse.
                  Is this plumber bonded and certified? Hah. He's probably not even a plumber. But he manages to convince a minority of the population that he knows how to fix things. In his whole life he hasn't fixed much of anything. In fact, he's screwed up in almost everything he's done, from people to business. But he managed to get a TV show, which got him into the White House. No TV show, not enough votes, no White House. It's a pretty pathetic story when you think about it.
                  Last edited by Hoot Owl; 06-17-2019, 05:59 PM.
                  George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                  Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post

A Democrat president might be good..maybe.
                    It always depends on who, no matter which party.

I keep forgetting about Buttigieg, but then I hear him again on TV and I go, that's the guy.

In the end though, it won't matter too much. The Senate will go back to being the do-nothing half of Congress.

George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post

Lines are crossed all the time "racist" etc. Can`t count how many times that has happened.
                      I can only react to the ones I see. And when I do see one, I start with a warning. That was yours.
                      Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Or one could just focus on ideas and policies, instead of people.
                        Keep the company of those who seek the truth, and run from those who have found it.

-- Vaclav Havel

The Universe is unimaginably vast. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

-- Carl Sagan

Life - the way it really is - is a battle not between Bad and Good but between Bad and Worse.

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ant View Post

Or one could just focus on ideas and policies, instead of people.
                          Like the op did? 😂

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

Like the op did? 😂
                            Irony

Comment

Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

Don't go halfway........

My two and a half year old granddaughter has succeeded a couple times with "Aweecksa pway Bby shawk." I worked it out on uke while we were having our garage sale. Then I realized the key changed for the last verses, and Ab sucks on uke.
                              Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Comment

Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

Like the op did? 😂
                                Phil chose to let the thread stand.... I'd have pulled it.

-- Vaclav Havel

-- Carl Sagan

-- Joseph Brodsky

Comment

Working...
                                X