Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

He promised me the most beautiful plumbing ever, and that my neighbor would pay for it. Three years later my pipes are still leaking.

Yeah, you're pushing the analogy too far. I know where this country went during the Bush years. I know where it went during the Obama years. And I know where it's gone in the Trump years. Give me Trump, regardless of the color of suit he wears.

Actions speak louder than words.
    Jimmy Carter gave us Reagan and Obama gave us Trump. It's instructional to note that our two worst presidents in my lifetime also gave us our two best presidents of my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Listener View Post

That's not how I see this particular plumber. But YMMV.

I see him as a plumber that does what needs to be done to get the job done. You see, I don't think government regulations are handed down from God and many of them are a "one size fits all" nightmare. What's legal is not necessarily moral and what's moral is not necessarily legal.

Managers that follow the rules become first or maybe second level managers. Managers that break the rules at the wrong time get fired. Managers that break the rules at the right time become presidents and CEO's.

It is literally how the world works. Those that get stuff done rise above the rest. Those that play "by the rules at all costs" don't get stuff done. This goes for Trump, Pelosi, et-al.
      Getting stuff done...if it is the wrong stuff, doesn't help.

The 'rules', such as our Constitution, exist because our forebears saw what unfettered power did in monarchal societies. Those rules are there to protect the people, and when someone breaks those rules, we are all put at risk. There is an argument to be made that the 'rules' are too generalized, but this is a nation of over 300 million people...you can't cater to everyone...so the majority, good or bad, rules, except in the case of the Electoral College vs, the popular vote

Managers that hire and fire at will with no logic, blame employees for the manager's screw-ups, promote incompetent staffers beyond their capabilities, speak abusively about their competitors and lie daily to their Board of Directors tend to get flushed out...as will Trump.
      Sadly, those sycophants who were elected to serve the people, but put party politics above their constituents, will still be around after the circus leaves town.
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

I see him as a plumber that does what needs to be done to get the job done. You see, I don't think government regulations are handed down from God and many of them are a "one size fits all" nightmare. What's legal is not necessarily moral and what's moral is not necessarily legal.

Managers that follow the rules become first or maybe second level managers. Managers that break the rules at the wrong time get fired. Managers that break the rules at the right time become presidents and CEO's.

It is literally how the world works. Those that get stuff done rise above the rest. Those that play "by the rules at all costs" don't get stuff done. This goes for Trump, Pelosi, et-al.
        Yes, the guy who runs red lights, exceeds the speed limit, and passes on curves does arrive at "Free Taco Night" before anyone else.

Yeah, you're pushing the analogy too far. I know where this country went during the Bush years. I know where it went during the Obama years. And I know where it's gone in the Trump years. Give me Trump, regardless of the color of suit he wears.

Actions speak louder than words.
        Why, because it ended up not working out the way you planned?

LOL

Last edited by -Ed Phobes-; 06-17-2019, 11:06 AM.
        Donald Trump needs to STFU...RIGHT NOW
        ---------------
        I love this record – ray
        https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Originally posted by Donny G View Post

This thread is very simple to understand. Here is an article explaining it. Quite amusing to me.

https://www.wnd.com/2018/09/psychiat...l-and-serious/

You don't get that saying people have "TDS" is reinforcing my point, do you?
          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.

Comment

Trump pisses liberals off. Period. This is why many people like him. Yes: I find this reason deplorable, thank you.
            -------------------------------------------------------
            The emperor marched in the procession under the beautiful canopy, and all who saw him in the street and out of the windows exclaimed: Indeed, the emperor's new suit is incomparable! What a long train he has! How well it fits him! Nobody wished to let others know he saw nothing, for then he would have been unfit for his office or too stupid. Never an emperor's clothes were more admired.

Comment

Here's another theory, by Miss A Elk.

Host: No, no, no. What is your theory?

Elk: Oh, what is my theory?

Host: Yes.

Elk: Oh what is my theory, that it is. Yes, well you may well ask, what is my theory.

Host: (slightly impatient) I am asking.

Elk: And well you may. Yes my word you may well ask what it is, this theory of mine. Well, this theory that I have--that is to say, which is mine-- ...is mine.

Host: (more impatient) I know it's yours. What is it?

Elk: Where? Oh, what is my theory?

Host: Yes!

Elk: Oh, my theory that I have follows the lines I am about to relate. (Coughs)Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem.

Host: Oh God.

Elk: Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. Ahem. [Impatient noises from Host] The Theory, by A. Elk. That's A for Anne, it's not by a elk.

Host: Right....

Elk: This theory which belongs to me is as follows. Ahem. Ahem. This is how it goes. Ahem. The next thing that I am about to say is my theory. Ahem. Ready?

(Host moans)

Is This Thing On?

https://soundcloud.com/tom-hicks888

Comment

Originally posted by Komandi View Post
                Trump pisses liberals off. Period. This is why many people like him. Yes: I find this reason deplorable, thank you.
                Yes. Trump is the revenge they could not extract themselves.
                Donald Trump needs to STFU...RIGHT NOW
                ---------------
                I love this record – ray
                https://soundcloud.com/ed-phobes

Comment

Let's go with your analogy for a moment.
                  So this plumber, he cheats on his wife; a woman he has vowed to honor and respect and love and live with. He lies to her.
                  Do you think for one minute that this plumber won't cheat you too?
                  (Especially given that this particular plumber lies all daylong every day.)
                  But you're going to trust him and let him in your house where your family lives, and you'r OK with that?
                  That says a lot. A whole lot.
                  Sometimes
                  Those that play "by the rules at all costs" don't get stuff done.
                  those that don't play by the rules go to prison.
                  Last edited by RogueGnome; 06-17-2019, 12:01 PM.
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                    Getting stuff done...if it is the wrong stuff, doesn't help.
                    I agree. However, for the most part I'm very pleased with what Trump has gotten done. In fact, from my perspective he is the most productive president in my lifetime, regarding getting the right things done. And I'm 75.

Jimmy Carter gave us Reagan and Obama gave us Trump. It's instructional to note that our two worst presidents in my lifetime also gave us our two best presidents of my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by -Ed Phobes- View Post

Yes, the guy who runs red lights, exceeds the speed limit, and passes on curves does arrive at "Free Taco Night" before anyone else.

Why, because it ended up not working out the way you planned?

LOL

I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post

Let's go with your analogy for a moment.
                        So this plumber, he cheats on his wife; a woman he has vowed to honor and respect and love and live with. He lies to her.
                        Do you think for one minute that this plumber won't cheat you too?
                        (Especially given that this particular plumber lies all daylong every day.)
                        But you're going to trust him and let him in your house where your family lives, and you'r OK with that?
                        That says a lot. A whole lot.
                        Sometimes
                        Those that play "by the rules at all costs" don't get stuff done.
                        those that don't play by the rules go to prison.
                        You're overthinking it.

Comment

Lousy, lame-o, weak theory. Geebus, that sounds about as simplistic, myopic, and self-centered as anything Trump would say. You’re making me look bad by association.
                          Last edited by arcadesonfire; 06-17-2019, 12:23 PM.
                          For those who prefer to listen rather than read and who ask these questions: What underlying crimes were being investigated when Trump obstructed justice? Why wasn't he indicted? Why did Mueller discuss indicting a sitting president in Volume II but not Volume I?
                          https://www.audible.com/pd/The-Muell...ook/B07PXN468K

My (old dead) band!:
                          www.steelphantoms.com/
                          PM me if you want to give me a Deluxe US Strat with locking tuners and 22 frets for <$800. Fancy Strymon pedals welcome too!

Comment

I have a theory about Asian women.

Comment

I have a theory too.
                              They're aholes.

Comment

Originally posted by erok123 View Post
                                It's not that they love trump so much...

It's that most hate minorities, other religions, liberals, LGBT people, educatiors, the media, etc.

Makes sense to me.
                                We just hate liberals.

Comment

Working...
                                X