• Show
Clear All

Big tires:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang_pic_4x (2016_11_24 15_23_03 UTC).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	32537171
    George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
    Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Well, here it is. No Briggs and Stratton here. Just 26 HP of diesel power ready to mow 3 acres, level driveways, haul logs and firewood, etc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
        Well, here it is. No Briggs and Stratton here. Just 26 HP of diesel power ready to mow 3 acres, level driveways, haul logs and firewood, etc.
        Congrats on the new tractor. Is that a BX, B, or L? I can't tell from the pic. If it's a BX, make sure you do the transmission fan shroud upgrade. The fan is exposed underneath and gets whacked off in short order, by striking things as you ride along. There is a shroud that dealers put on to protect the fan from something striking it. My local Kubota dealer was installing it on his tractors free of charge.

I looked at all the major brands about 7 years ago and ended up with a MF GC2410 TLB. It's light duty, but suitable for my needs. It's along the same lines as a BX.

Originally posted by MrKnobs
        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

Congrats on the new tractor. Is that a BX, B, or L? I can't tell from the pic. If it's a BX, make sure you do the transmission fan shroud upgrade. The fan is exposed underneath and gets whacked off in short order, by striking things as you ride along. There is a shroud that dealers put on to protect the fan from something striking it. My local Kubota dealer was installing it on his tractors free of charge.

I looked at all the major brands about 7 years ago and ended up with a MF GC2410 TLB. It's light duty, but suitable for my needs. It's along the same lines as a BX.

It's a step up from the BX series. It's a B2601. I also looked at the L2501 but it was a little more tractor than I needed. I'll look at the fan shroud to see if it's necessary on the B series tractors. They also added liquid to the rear tires for a little more weight.

I traded a MF GC2300 in on the Kubota that I bought new 14 or 15 years ago. It sat out all year long in that time and things were starting to get "old" on it. One hydraulic line went out and the power steering had a nasty leak from wrecking the seal from grabbong the steering wheel to pull myself onto the machine.

Comment

It's a step up from the BX series. It's a B2601. I also looked at the L2501 but it was a little more tractor than I needed. I'll look at the fan shroud to see if it's necessary on the B series tractors. They also added liquid to the rear tires for a little more weight.

I traded a MF GC2300 in on the Kubota that I bought new 14 or 15 years ago. It sat out all year long in that time and things were starting to get "old" on it. One hydraulic line went out and the power steering had a nasty leak from wrecking the seal from grabbong the steering wheel to pull myself onto the machine.
            The Bs are rock solid machines. You should have that for many years without any problems. I don't think the Bs have the fan issue needing a shroud, but double check on that underneath.

Before deciding on the MF, I tried Kubota and New Holland. It was a really tough decision, as they are all really good machines. There were some minor differences that swayed me.

I never considered JD as, over the years, the quality issues have been piling up and there have been a lot of warranty issues, particularly getting them addressed. My experience with JD was with a lawn tractor, and it wasn't their cheapo line sold in Lowes and HD. I bought the tractor with a grass catching system that was not designed to fit the machine at all. I went to two different dealers trying to get it addressed and they just scratched their heads as to the why the grass system for that tractor was not even remotely mountable. In the end, I returned the tractor and everything with it for a full refund. They weren't happy, but they needed to get their stuff together before selling something to the public that wasn't designed to work. My GF had an OEM JD lawn tractor that went through a series of faulty transmissions. I think she threw in the towel after the 3rd transmission.
            Originally posted by MrKnobs
            God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio Farquarth III View Post

The Bs are rock solid machines. You should have that for many years without any problems. I don't think the Bs have the fan issue needing a shroud, but double check on that underneath.

Before deciding on the MF, I tried Kubota and New Holland. It was a really tough decision, as they are all really good machines. There were some minor differences that swayed me.

I never considered JD as, over the years, the quality issues have been piling up and there have been a lot of warranty issues, particularly getting them addressed. My experience with JD was with a lawn tractor, and it wasn't their cheapo line sold in Lowes and HD. I bought the tractor with a grass catching system that was not designed to fit the machine at all. I went to two different dealers trying to get it addressed and they just scratched their heads as to the why the grass system for that tractor was not even remotely mountable. In the end, I returned the tractor and everything with it for a full refund. They weren't happy, but they needed to get their stuff together before selling something to the public that wasn't designed to work. My GF had an OEM JD lawn tractor that went through a series of faulty transmissions. I think she threw in the towel after the 3rd transmission.
              I have a JD X300 lawn tractor that’s I bought new a few years ago. The plastic hood is a pos. It cracked down the middle then branched off in different directions. I used Simpson plates and pop rivets to try to hold it together but it looks like Frankenstein. The seat developed rips in the plastic that just got worse. I bought a new seat but a year later it’s developing rips the same way. The carburetor has to be removed and cleaned every spring or it runs like crap.And this wasn’t a cheap HD one either. I looked at JD and NH but Kubota won out.
              Last edited by Yakburger; 06-30-2019, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Nice.
                __________________________________________________ _________
                arcadesonfire:
                And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                ______________________________________________ _________
                guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                __________________________________________________ ______
                Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                _____________________________________________ _________
                ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

HNTD, Yak!

*jealousturbates*

Comment

Working...
                  X