No announcement yet.

OT: New tractor day tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New tractor day tomorrow

My old(ish) Massey Ferguson is going to be traded for either a John Deere or a Kubota. Something in the 25 to 26 HP range.

Picts or it’s a Briggs and Stratton.....
    Last edited by jorhay1; 06-16-2019, 11:53 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    arcadesonfire:
    And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
    ______________________________________________ _________
    guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
    _____________________________________________ _________
    ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
      Lol.. well it’s gonna be a while but I’ll post pics just for you. And anyone else who’s interested.

Comment

Some in my family have Kubota and Ewald, they like them.

Comment

What do you do with a tractor like that? Well before Ford was building the first affordable V8, they also came out with the first tractor that incorporated the engine block as part of the frame. This allowed for lower center of gravity and lower cost. I was kind of looking for a small tractor like that to grade my gravel drive that goes back to our walk out basement. Instead, I have ordered a "power grader" from DR that can be pulled by an ATV or garden tractor.

There was a charity that bought old Ford tractors and rehabbed them before sending them to Africa for hungry people to use to grow their own food. The machines are so simple that many people without much mechanical experience can maintain them. It was one of those "teach a man to fish" ideas. I don't know if the organization still exists, but he price of those old Fordsons and Jubilees have increased dramatically, so the idea that they could be refurbished on the cheap is probably over.
          (When in court, after swearing to tell the truth) "Facts are facts and alternative facts are perjury."

...Julia Olson, executive director, Our Children's Trust

Comment

Happy (Pending) New Tractor Day. Pics when it arrives.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Member of the Schecter Society
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

I say hold out for the Hoyt-Clagwell. It's the best tractor for picking up hot babes.

Comment

Been helping a guy fix up an old Ford 9N. Like this one.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.my9n.com%2Fimages%2Fleftrear2new.jpg&sp=c4141adf183b04dc6b960878b8af833a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	32536829
                - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Kubotas are rock solid. But be wary of the soot regeneration engines (an emissions thing). Most people don't like them. I think by now though they may be better - look into it.

If you get an older one be sure it has independent PTO, so that would mean it shouldn't be too old.
                  George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.
                  Venezuela is what happens when you have Trump without the Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
                    HAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post
                      My old(ish) Massey Ferguson is going to be traded for either a John Deere or a Kubota. Something in the 25 to 26 HP range.
                      I`ve operated for years. The Kubota is going to be cheaper, but you`re not going to find anything as smooth as a Deere.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Owl View Post
                        Kubotas are rock solid. But be wary of the soot regeneration engines (an emissions thing). Most people don't like them. I think by now though they may be better - look into it.

If you get an older one be sure it has independent PTO, so that would mean it shouldn't be too old.
                        Well, I bought a new Kubota that falls just under the requirements for problematic emissions standards. The people at the J. Deere dealer were so rude that I walked out. This tractora step up from the one I own that is getting pretty old but also struggles a little towing my 4000 lb travel trailer around my parking area and in and out of it's carport.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakburger View Post

Well, I bought a new Kubota that falls just under the requirements for problematic emissions standards. The people at the J. Deere dealer were so rude that I walked out. This tractora step up from the one I own that is getting pretty old but also struggles a little towing my 4000 lb travel trailer around my parking area and in and out of it's carport.
                          Sounds like you need the whole Kit and Kubota.

Comment

Originally posted by redEL34 View Post

I`ve operated for years. The Kubota is going to be cheaper, but you`re not going to find anything as smooth as a Deere.
                            I operated both for years. Kubotas are better, IMO. I'd never buy a JD over a Kubota. There are other companies in Asia now that make good machines too. Tractor production has shifted to Asia, to a large degree.

I do have a ride on JD mower though. Mowing my lawn is my new job. Going broke fast.
                            No complaints about the mower. I expect it to break at some point but it's been solid so far.
                            Last edited by Hoot Owl; 06-18-2019, 10:38 AM.
                            George Washington was the man who never told a lie. Richard Nixon was the man who never told the truth. Donald Trump is the man who doesn't know the difference.

Comment

A couple of tractor photos:
                              Isn't it cute?

Name:	f828a8e53ad2fdbdebd2f8062db83b50 (1) (2017_05_06 19_19_08 UTC).jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	32537164

I almost bought one of these last year - fully restored. Glad I didn't though.

Name:	9d1728ab228c277c45df7c1ac294559d (2017_05_04 14_46_51 UTC).jpg
Size:	564.4 KB
ID:	32537165

Comment

Working...
                              X