Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeepEnd
    started a topic Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

Trump supporters might "demand" a third term?

As an aside in a Presidential tweet, Trump asked (tongue in cheek, I hope) "do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT" after the end of his hypothetical second term. Surely he can't be serious? Right? No matter what his supporters might "demand," it's not that easy to amend the Constitution. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.46c703a578db.

• wallywanker
    replied
    Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

I’ve never understood this line of thinking, but congrats on being part of the problem!
    meh, it's all about revenge and retribution any more - the concept of governance to benefit the citizens has passed our congress by more than a few election cycles ago - but hey, as long as they can keep us blaming each other instead of focusing on them and holding them to task they will continue to remain on the golden teat...i'd say at this point the `politicians' are definitely winning and the `people' definitely are not. imomo.

Leave a comment:

• roughtrade
    replied
    Originally posted by DeepEnd View Post
    Of course they do. The point is, I don't think we need to worry about armed insurrection. Of course, I could easily be wrong.
    Yeah, I'm not worried about that, either.

Leave a comment:

• DeepEnd
    replied
    Originally posted by roughtrade View Post
    Well, I guess they have that right.
    Of course they do. The point is, I don't think we need to worry about armed insurrection. Of course, I could easily be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• prolurkerguy
    replied
    Originally posted by panhandler View Post

You not understanding IS the problem.
    If not understanding a desire to ‘drive others over the edge’ is wrong, then I don’t want to be right.

Leave a comment:

• panhandler
    replied
    Originally posted by prolurkerguy View Post

I’ve never understood this line of thinking, but congrats on being part of the problem!
    You not understanding IS the problem.
    Last edited by panhandler; 06-18-2019, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• prolurkerguy
    replied
    I just want another black president. That seems to drive tRump supporters over the edge.

A black woman would be best!

Leave a comment:

• arcadesonfire
    replied
    Plus, all the military and secret service heads have greater loyalty to the nation and constitution than to a single man and his particular followers.

Leave a comment:

• Hoot Owl
    replied
    Originally posted by NOS68 View Post

I suspect he'd be forcefully removed. If he and his supporters tried to violently force the issue I think they'd be surprised how many of us love our country and it's Constitution, even a lot of trumpsters.
    Hell yeah. Good to see people express proper patriotism.
    That is the type of attitude that will sustain us.

Leave a comment:

• arcadesonfire
    replied
    Trump was just trolling when he said under oath,

”I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Surely trolling libs is more important than acting in good faith.

Leave a comment:

• arcadesonfire
    replied
    It’s great having a president who purposefully lies to the nation’s people. Just like under French monarchs before their revolution, an underlying principle of American democracy is “the ends justifies the means”!!

^^^^^ Sarcasm, and depression that some folks actually think this way.

Leave a comment:

• fretmess
    replied

When it's the only tool one has trolling can reveal more about the troll than is revealed about the trolled.

Leave a comment:

• Easy Listener
    replied
    Originally posted by fretmess View Post

Why does the President, or anyone for that matter, feel the need to troll?
    Trolling is done for a variety of reasons. Watch the first "Legally Blonde" movie. The daughter of the dead rich guy is trolled at the end of the movie.

Trolling can cause people to expose who they really are. The first thing I liked about Trump is how he effectively got leftists to out themselves as a response to his trolling. Look at what it's done to CNN. IMO, they have been exposed as the fools they are, thanks to his trolling.

Another example of trolling is a police sting operation.

Trolling is like a gun. It is a tool. It can be used for good or bad. Trump uses it brilliantly for good, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• willhaven
    replied
    I just want another black president. That seems to drive tRump supporters over the edge.

She'd be great.

Four terms!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IVoHkYt.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	32536991

Leave a comment:

• panhandler
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X